Band Aid For Draft Fix

Discussions for the Tony Conigliaro League.

Moderator: redcped

ballmark

Re: Band Aid For Draft Fix

Post by ballmark »

So if I have Drew's solution right, when the draft class comes out, Jason is going to artificially move any red-lettered foreign import into the final spot(s) of the Top 32 and bump whoever is there into Round 3 and THEN issue the "Top 32" on the league forum for the rest of us to emulate. (It would be nice if he could bump those A-/D- pitchers into Round 3 instead, eh?)

Well, if we go with a solution that will inevitably end with a heavier workload for Jason, if only in continuing to correct all of our mistakes, I am all for the creation of a co-Commissioner to help cross-check draft rankings. One league per co-Commissioner.

I nominate Chris (frankum), who has always generously shared/volunteered his efforts here for the good of the TCL.
Closer

Post by Closer »

Both ideas are good IMO. I could live with either. I think we go with either, see how it works, and try the other if the first becomes problematic to a degree that upsets temper of the league.
Dogbelly

Post by Dogbelly »

So ... are we going to implement something new for the upcoming draft?
Do we have a consensus on a way forward?
redcped

Post by redcped »

We'd have to approve a rule change with a vote. Just trying to determine if we have enough support for one idea to do that.
redcped

Post by redcped »

Incidentally, I also suggested to Drew that we "bump" anyone B+ or higher into the top 32.

To use our current draft as an example, there is one A- player (C Kitagawa) and one B+ player (P Imanami). It's just a matter of bumping down one OS19 C outfielder or two of them. I think it's no big loss to the top 32 for sure to lose the last guys in any draft, and I'd rather see more of the potentially useful guys move up. I think a B+ pitcher would likely be a R2 pick for someone over a fairly undevelopable prospect.
BabyDoc

Post by BabyDoc »

If either the "B+ gets you in the Top 32" or the "Top 40 instead of 32" option comes up for a vote, I'll support it. Obviously it won't change this draft (which I'm going to get rolling in a hot minute), but we could aim at next season...

Return to “Tony Conigliaro League”