Update on issues

Owner to Owner help and advice
Admin
Site Admin

Update on issues

Post by Admin »

We put our heads together with our server host, and they updated a few files in the OS that they say should get us back on track. Although I know I've called this "fixed" before, today we didn't have any of the issues that have been plaguing us for the last three weeks.

In addition, I have made the following changes:

- The offseason is now broken into six segments, each of which updates the database independently of the others, so if there is an issue it can be continued rather than having to keep restarting.

- Each set of games is verified 12-15 minutes after they run. Any quarters that did not complete properly will be automatically rerun.

I am continuing upgrades on the site as a whole, replacing much of the underlying "skeleton" of the game which will make games more reliable and make it easier for me to add features. I've been unable to really improve football for a while now because of these issues, so it will be worth all the work in the end for everyone.

Thank you all for your patience as we work through these issues. I've issued a month's credit to each paid team that was valid any time in the last month and has been accessed any time in the last 6 months. You'll find this credit under Owner - Account.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
max_fischer

Re: Update on issues

Post by max_fischer »

Thanks Chris!!
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Update on issues

Post by Admin »

Update:

The sites been running well since the fixes. However, we are seeing some weirdness from other events that happened during that time period, like drafts that didn't populate properly. I am picking these off as I find them; they are not new issues but lingering old ones.

One positive side effect is that in looking for the bug I basically tore the whole structure of the site apart, not knowing it was a server issue. So I have found many little things that will overall add up to improved stability and easier maintenance/additions, to both baseball and football.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.

Return to “Football Game Questions”