Possible Merger with HBL - ACTION REQUIRED

Discussions for the Harmon Killebrew League.

Moderator: Splinter

Splinter

Re: Possible Merger with HBL - ACTION REQUIRED

Post by Splinter »

9 out of 10 is good enough for me.

I think Admin is waiting on a couple archiving feature developments to finish up - maybe early April action on this. WOuld probably line up with the end of our current season.
Splinter

Post by Splinter »

Merge Information
Several leagues have been requesting or waiting for merges. The biggest barrier to merges is that league history is lost.

Thanks to an owner suggestion, I believe I have hit upon a method of retaining some history and making it easier to access the older leagues. This would come in a couple of forms:

* Individual players will have a link to their player card in the old league to access prior stats. Eventually, the older information may be able to be seamlessly merged into the new player card. This will only be available for leagues that merge after the feature is installed.
* Tabs to easily jump to the old leagues will be available. Right now you can only easily get to the old league if you still have a team in that league. This will be available to any league where the original league have not been purged.
* The Hall of Fame for the original leagues will be displayed in the new league. Again, this will be available to any merged league where the original leagues have not been purged.

Clearly this is a big enough advance that I don't want to complete any merges until this feature is ready. My plan is to have it done by the end of the first week of April at the latest. So all merges will be on hold until this is ready; it will be worth the wait! Thank you for your patience!
Splinter

Post by Splinter »

I notified Admin we are in favor of a merger.

Looks like timing for the merger will more or less coincide with the completion of the 2097 season...
hothomas

Post by hothomas »

any update on this merger?
hothomas

Post by hothomas »

so i see that the Harold Baines League is merging with another league, are we looking to do the same here? if we do a merger i am willing to take my team back...

Return to “Harmon Killebrew League”