Hey Montreal

Discussions for the Wally Berger League.

Moderators: WillyD, pecker247

pecker247

Re: Hey Montreal

Post by pecker247 »

I have been pretty accurate on my projections for my players and those are for me only anyway. If they don't get to where I think they will then it's on me. Sometimes they develop better and sometimes not.

Devogt MAY be good vs right, but will blow vs. lefties. If I could take back the trade I would of kept Shields. Also the only pitcher that I would of even considered taking was Russ Cruise which Boston took directly below me. I went back and forth on that. I just didn't want a B- A+ type pitcher right now and figured I could of used Devogt MAYBE vs right handers. I don't think my drafting of players has been an issue.

I think the main issue is that certain owners which I won't name are getting jealous when owners like myself make a trade because they didn't think of the trade offer themselves. The same owners that voice their "concern" are the same owners that are being fake nice to other owners and then ripping them off making them feel like they got a good deal, but they actually got a worse deal. Detroit you have been on the receiving end of this and not by me mind you.

It's all good though. You guys do you and I will do me. I was only calling out Detroit because of him yet again targeting me on a post that has nothing to do with me. I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy of his claims.

Mission accomplished.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

pecker247 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:31 pm Devogt MAY be good vs right, but will blow vs. lefties. If I could take back the trade I would of kept Shields. Also the only pitcher that I would of even considered taking was Russ Cruise which Boston took directly below me. I went back and forth on that. I just didn't want a B- A+ type pitcher right now and figured I could of used Devogt MAYBE vs right handers. I don't think my drafting of players has been an issue.
You're going to face RHP 63-75% of the time, so hitting vs RHP is what matters most. And DeVogt could make a solid A/B+ and be respectable vs. LHP when you consider he'll have A+ speed and A bunting!

I think you know this anyways, which is why you took him!!! He's a good player if you develop him!!!
- besides you couldn't develop Shields anyhow, so if you had kept him, he wouldn't be as good as he is now.
pecker247

Post by pecker247 »

I will say this. Regardless of some of the dumb comments this is my favorite league. Never lacks excitement. My time will eventually come to an end, but I will enjoy it while it lasts. This league will be boring once I leave :lol:
Maze

Post by Maze »

To Dogbelly:

To block an owner, drop down the help icon and follow instructions.

Interesting debate. The OGs still in play but for how long? Need a breakout player to explode on offense.
What U Get Is Yours - William Taylor Jr.
bobcat73

Post by bobcat73 »

Maze wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:55 pm The OGs still in play but for how long? Need a breakout player to explode on offense.
You and me both. I am pretty sure I cant get the WC this year without adding a real stick. Hitting .240 does make for some tense games though.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

bobcat73 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:08 pm
Maze wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:55 pm The OGs still in play but for how long? Need a breakout player to explode on offense.
You and me both. I am pretty sure I cant get the WC this year without adding a real stick. Hitting .240 does make for some tense games though.
Your windows to get in the playoffs are closing soon. I wouldn't wait too long to make a move. Just saying...
bobcat73

Post by bobcat73 »

Incorrect sir. My team has no "window".
Dogbelly

Post by Dogbelly »

Maze wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:55 pm To Dogbelly:

To block an owner, drop down the help icon and follow instructions.
Thank you, Maze. I figured it out.

I didn't know about it previously. Could've saved myself and everyone a whole lot of BS if I did. All I can say is I'm a dumass.

My apologies to all.

Return to “Wally Berger League”