In game 3 LA VS SD now messenger board on line

Discussions for the Wally Berger League.

Moderators: WillyD, pecker247

Denbone619ca

In game 3 LA VS SD now messenger board on line

Post by Denbone619ca »

Ace Frehley of the LA Metal Gods hit 3 two run homeruns in
One game. He has a hot bat, but no sigh on going to the All Stars. Because his team sucks. Can't win know haw much I try. I'm getting sick of this game. And Montreal team like supper old and keep winning such BS his players should be dead and buried .
WillyD

Re: In game 3 LA VS SD now messenger board on line

Post by WillyD »

Denbone619ca wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:37 am Can't win know haw much I try. I'm getting sick of this game. And Montreal team like supper old and keep winning such BS his players should be dead and buried .
He's still alive because team like you and MIL keep trading with him. You gave him one of your 2nd rounders for a guy with zero value. Those little trades add up after a while.

In regards to your team, I don't think you fully understand what type of players it takes to win, or how to acquire enough of them to become a real contender. You either need to start doing some research into this game, or go back to the trial leagues.

Also, stop training Dave Murray at catcher! He's your future gold glove shortstop or 2nd baseman. Middle infield defense is very important! You don't need that A range at catcher, and with the A/B split he has, his arm will top out at A-, which is not good enough for a catcher.
pecker247

Post by pecker247 »

Converting someone to catcher is really hard, but it's possible. I trained Mel Gaston to become a catcher and was a great catcher. I also have this guy converting to a catcher. The KEY is that you have to start him at OS 18 to have a chance. If you start at OS 20 or above then it probably won't happen. Here is the guy I am converting. What sucks about converting a catcher is you can't really convert any other player so it does handcuff you. Also you don't know if he will convert so it could be a huge waste of time. Once you actually convert him that player will commit a ton of errors in the first 2 to 3 years of major league playing time because he's so low in the ability. In reality it's a 7 to 8 year commitment. I do agree with WillyD. If you keep trading away your better players and picks for players that don't amount to anything then Montreal is still going to be viable, but you are also not taking into consideration manager ability. Bahston is a great owner and knows how to get the best out of his players through his settings. If Bahston took over your team I would guarantee that he would add 10-15 wins throughout the season to your team, but the biggest question is why do you care if you win right now? You should be mad if you win. You need the better draft pick right now of you need to trade your draft pick for a good player.

http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?pl ... d=13006407
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

...and he trades for another bench warmer, giving up another pick. LAN is a complete fiasco of an organization.
Denbone619ca

Post by Denbone619ca »

:oops: :cry: overturn my trade with Montreal I'm not going
Cry about it .
bobcat73

Post by bobcat73 »

you shouldn't cry about it. You should stop trading for the next few seasons and see if you can build a team that can compete.

Return to “Wally Berger League”