Abuse of trade protest

Discussions for the Wally Berger League.

Moderators: WillyD, pecker247

pecker247

Re: Abuse of trade protest

Post by pecker247 »

Not voting is a half vote for overturning a trade. Since you are still active I think you should participate in the voting process. I commend you for not trading your draft picks past the year you say you will be leaving. I agree that it doesn't make since that you can trade beyond what you are paid to. Is there a way to change this? Should we make a rule that a team can only trade picks to what they are paid to? If a team decides to leave then they have to leave after the paid up years? If they insist on leaving then can't someone take over their team for the last remaining years to keep with the competitive balance? In a perfect world the commish would just tell people they can't leave until their paid up years have passed. Thoughts?
bobcat73

Post by bobcat73 »

I don't think there is a way around this besides the honor system. In Dynasty leagues you cant trade beyond whats paid for but with this being a Subscription league I am not aware that there is away to stop it from happening.

It happened in multiple football leagues I was in that a guy would leave due to emergency or some such and have a missing pick or two. Commish would just need to make the incoming owner aware before they took on the team.
2ndCos

Post by 2ndCos »

You know I did go through a rebuild... You should have many picks and young assets when you rebuild. I just came out of my rebuild therefore my players are still young. You shouldn't be upset with me because I had a successful rebuild. Might I add that Andy Littrell had a 2.80 ERA for you last year. That's incredible considering where you finished. May I also add that Slash Seaton is developing into a great young pitcher.

Yes I know you went through a rebuild and thanks to owners like me we aided you in a very short 3 year rebuild. I am not upset with you I am upset with myself for assisting you in your short rebuild.
pecker247

Post by pecker247 »

It was a 5 year rebuild which is pretty standard. It should take 5-7 years to rebuild a team and it took 5 and I didn't make the playoffs for 5 years. Just because a team wins does not mean that they aren't still rebuilding. I won by default and not really because I wanted to. If you want to get real technical I rebuilt for 6 because I started the rebuild on the last year that I made the playoffs back in 2037. That was the beginning of my sell off. 2nd cos keep in mind that I rebuilt with a team that could of made the playoffs for another 5 years if I would of not rebuilt. I went ahead and rebuilt because I know I couldn't beat Montreal with my current team and I wanted to make sure I got some good return on my vets before they got too old. That mission was accomplished. You have been the benefactor of a lot of trades between the two of us. I have won some and you have won some. To say you are upset with yourself is pretty ridiculous. I know everyone wants to win every single trade, but that does not happen. I have lost more trades than I have won lately, but it's part of the game. To have a group of owners decide to block one or two owners from trading at all just shows how ridiculous and petty things can get. When 90% of your coverage is anti one person it starts to fall into the fake news category :lol:
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

Rebuilds rarely take only 5 years. In this league maybe, but it's normally closer to 8 if you do a full blowout/rebuild.
bahstonwedsawks

Post by bahstonwedsawks »

WillyD wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:26 pm Rebuilds rarely take only 5 years. In this league maybe, but it's normally closer to 8 if you do a full blowout/rebuild.
Willy, how long have you been in this league?
#1 Overall Owner All-Time in these categories:
Championships Pct (72%)
Winning Pct (68.73%)
Prestige Avg (24.67/yr)
WS Apprncs Pct (76%)
Playoff Apprncs Pct (96%)
http://simdynasty.com/ownerleaders.jsp? ... &submit=Go
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

8 seasons
bahstonwedsawks

WillyD wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:17 pm8 seasons
And you've made the playoffs twice so far in this your 9th season, right? Or was it just once in the 8 previous seasons? It must be at least twice because of your incessant tone of superiority over other owners in this league.

"Maybe in this league it only takes 5 seasons, blah, blah, blah..."
"In good leagues where I play blah, blah, blah..."
"Over in my precious ABC league and the amazing DEF league or the unparalleled GHI league, all of which are graced with my presence, it's so much better..."
Championships Pct (72%)
Winning Pct (68.73%)
Prestige Avg (24.67/yr)
WS Apprncs Pct (76%)
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

bahstonwedsawks wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:29 pm
WillyD wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:17 pm8 seasons
And you've made the playoffs twice so far in this your 9th season, right? Or was it just once in the 8 previous seasons? It must be at least twice because of your incessant tone of superiority over other owners in this league.

"Maybe in this league it only takes 5 seasons, blah, blah, blah..."
"In good leagues where I play blah, blah, blah..."
"Over in my precious ABC league and the amazing DEF league or the unparalleled GHI league, all of which are graced with my presence, it's so much better..."
Pecker said it takes 5 seasons, and I'm stating that it normally takes closer to 8. That's all. You can believe me or you can believe pecker. If you sell off early and get good young major league assets you can reduce the time, but that's the exception not the rule.

I think you're just worried that people will realize the truth, that your great success isn't really as great as it seems. I got a career .680 winning perctange, blah blah blah, greatest SImD owner there ever was, blah blah blah, all the while ripping off newbs at a pace unparalleled in SimD history, and owning more protested trades than all other SimD owners put together. What a legacy! LOL

You had a nice run bawston, but it's over. You need to get over that. Too bad really, as I was hoping to take apart your team in the WS a time or two before you quit, but you collapsed quickly once your supply of cheap talent dried up. What happened, did the settings not work as well with A- players as it did with A overall players? CHA beat you 3 years in a row. Where were your superior settings those 4 straight years you lost in the WS? I'm quite disappointed. All that hype about your invincible goliath team, and your superior settings, and you were 2-4 in the WS, missed the playoffs one season, and now can barely stay close to a .500 record. You're the most over-rated, over-hyped owner that's ever been. Of course most of the hype was self-hype. :lol: :lol: :lol:
bahstonwedsawks

WillyD wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:34 pm Pecker said it takes 5 seasons, and I'm stating that it normally takes closer to 8. That's all. You can believe me or you can believe pecker. If you sell off early and get good young major league assets you can reduce the time, but that's the exception not the rule.

I think you're just worried that people will realize the truth, that your great success isn't really as great as it seems. I got a career .680 winning perctange, blah blah blah, greatest SImD owner there ever was, blah blah blah, all the while ripping off newbs at a pace unparalleled in SimD history, and owning more protested trades than all other SimD owners put together. What a legacy! LOL

You had a nice run bawston, but it's over. You need to get over that. Too bad really, as I was hoping to take apart your team in the WS a time or two before you quit, but you collapsed quickly once your supply of cheap talent dried up. What happened, did the settings not work as well with A- players as it did with A overall players? CHA beat you 3 years in a row. Where were your superior settings those 4 straight years you lost in the WS? I'm quite disappointed. All that hype about your invincible goliath team, and your superior settings, and you were 2-4 in the WS, missed the playoffs one season, and now can barely stay close to a .500 record. You're the most over-rated, over-hyped owner that's ever been. Of course most of the hype was self-hype. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't say I'm the #1 owner. The leaderboard does: http://simdynasty.com/ownerleaders.jsp? ... &submit=Go

I can't even find you in the top 200, must be a glitch. ;)

You deal in the subjective (opinions, feelings), I deal in the objective (facts). That's cool if you want to live in a world of opinions and feelings, most do, but there's nothing concrete in that worldview. All I need to do is point at the scoreboard, I'll let you have whatever moral victory you want. :-)
Championships Pct (72%)
Winning Pct (68.73%)
Prestige Avg (24.67/yr)
WS Apprncs Pct (76%)

Return to “Wally Berger League”