Congrats to San Diego and a streak is broken!

Discussions for the Wally Berger League.

Moderators: WillyD, pecker247

pecker247

Congrats to San Diego and a streak is broken!

Post by pecker247 »

San Diego broke the string of 52 years. It's been 52 years since the National League has had World champion other than Montreal or St. Louis. You may want to check that to make sure, but I think I am correct. San Diego had to battle through two great teams, but it was their year to shine. He also broke a 10 year streak of the World Champion being either St. Louis or Boston. Looks like there is a new crop of owners getting ready to make their runs and fresh blood will soon be at the top.
Maze

Re: Congrats to San Diego and a streak is broken!

Post by Maze »

Congrats fr the OG's
What U Get Is Yours - William Taylor Jr.
2ndCos

Post by 2ndCos »

Great set of series. Congratulations Chance

Good luck to all this offseason and draft. Kevin
chance4103

Post by chance4103 »

Thanks;I didn't think it has been that long that another team has won championship St. Louis,Montreal and Boston.I thought it would be like last few seasons since St. Louis always tougher in play-offs than regular season.Boston has been unreal past few seasons winning championships.Hope next season is just as good.
chance
pecker247

Post by pecker247 »

Many have won in the AL, I was referring to the NL. You are the only NL team to win a championship besides St. Louis or Montreal in 52 years. That's just crazy. Now Montreal won the majority of those, but still a long time.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

chance4103 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:02 pm Thanks;I didn't think it has been that long that another team has won championship St. Louis,Montreal and Boston.I thought it would be like last few seasons since St. Louis always tougher in play-offs than regular season.Boston has been unreal past few seasons winning championships.Hope next season is just as good.
chance
Congrats Chance! Even though we lost, it's still good to see some new blood succeed in the league.
Owenatkinson

Post by Owenatkinson »

Congrats SD!
Johngarm70u

Post by Johngarm70u »

Great win! Congrats!

Return to “Wally Berger League”