Injury #4

Discussions for the Wally Berger League.

Moderators: WillyD, pecker247

Maze

Injury #4

Post by Maze »

As Commish

Sooooooo~~~~, I've waited long enough to bring this measure to the league. Switching to Injury #4. Out of the over 200 leagues, Sim D only has four leagues who use them. The variance makes all the crazy trading, tanking and such more of a gamble than sticking with the current system.
If most of the league does not want a change - willing for the switch, then I will depart this league. And will be searching leagues or recruiting owners to join an Injury #4 league. The cosmic slop of ABE not knowing the human body (FOR REAL) calls for this to finally come to the table.

I'd like to put up the vote to "Switch to Injury #4". If I can get a second and a third, then shall put it up. It's not enough to say u like the idea. Just need a 2nd and 3rd only.

If the convo goes dead like to draft thing, then it will stay as such. Lett'r rip

Maze
What U Get Is Yours - William Taylor Jr.
chance4103

Re: Injury #4

Post by chance4103 »

No problem here
pecker247

Post by pecker247 »

I like our injury system the way it is. Don't see a need for a change.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

I play in a system 4 league (Vin Scully League). You might think it brings a bit more parity to the game, but only to the elite owners in the league. It actually makes it tougher for newbies and average owners to compete. It doesn't make crazy trading, tanking, and such, more of a gamble. In fact it encourages some owners who are rebuilding to not promote players who would normally be promoted because of the fear of injury. You'll get discouraged when you see 22-27 year old A- and even A overall pitchers in the minors, and teams racking up top 4 picks for well over a decade.

All that being said, I'm not opposed to a change to the injury system. I'd be OK with the current, or #3, or #4 injury system. If we change, we should have a waiting period as we've been drafting players based on the current system.
Maze

Post by Maze »

I don't mind a grace period before the switch.
What U Get Is Yours - William Taylor Jr.
Johngarm70u

Post by Johngarm70u »

If there is a grace period that seems reasonable I second the league wide vote on it.
Owenatkinson

Post by Owenatkinson »

I'm in the VSL and it's a bit much...I think I currently have 8 players on the DL. It is definitely more of a challenge but if you are not constantly on top of things it can be difficult. Makes running your team a real challenge if you get overly busy with work or life in general...or during football season. I'd prefer to stay as is but would not raise a fuss if this league switched to injury system 4.
pecker247

Post by pecker247 »

Seems like we are always trying to change just to change. We went to 6 games and that was a good change, but constant change is not what I would like. I will vote no.
Soggy

Post by Soggy »

Not sure what switching to #4 accomplishes other than more pitchers on the IL. At this point I would say no, unless there is a compelling reason to switch.
Michael01

Post by Michael01 »

I will vote for injury #4. I like the idea. My teams always suck and this would give me one more excuse as to why. It isn't me, it is ABE!

Ghost

Return to “Wally Berger League”