Commish

Discussions for the Wally Berger League.

Moderators: WillyD, pecker247

pecker247

Commish

Post by pecker247 »

Commish has been transferred over to myself. WillyD will be the Co-Commish and WillyD will also be doing the Hall of Fame. WillyD and myself will get together and work out some details on when and if a new vote needs to come to fruition on anything.
WillyD

Re: Commish

Post by WillyD »

Progress! Glad to have an active and experienced commish taking the reigns.

As the HOF coordinator, I'll spend some time over the holidays coming up with a list of some HOF nominees. If anyone has a player, or more than one, they feel should be nominated, feel free to send a PM, or post it on the message board.

We'll also have to discuss how we want to run the HOF. There are a number of owners that will likely not want participate in the process, or least not consistently, or in a timely manner. It would be nice if we could get 9 owners who can vote on nominees. We could go with a 2/3 of the votes needed to be inducted, or something similar. If we can't get that many to commit to voting, then we may need to form a HOF committee of 3-5 owners to vote on nominations.

If anyone wants to elaborate on how voting was done previously, or how they would like to see it work, please feel free to post in this thread. We can come up with something that works for everyone. If it devolves into too much chaos, I'll have to pick a format at some point to gets things moving in the right direction.
chance4103

Post by chance4103 »

Just a suggestion but I would start after the Montreal years.Also just to many years to do for HOF. Just my nickle.
Soggy

Post by Soggy »

Congratulations Pecker & Willy!
pecker & willy.JPG
pecker & willy.JPG (60 KiB) Viewed 1688 times
The proletariat supports you! See picture from WBL winter meetings at the Pyongyang Hilton earlier this week...
pecker & willy.JPG
pecker & willy.JPG (60 KiB) Viewed 1688 times
Attachments
WBL League Meeting.JPG
WBL League Meeting.JPG (75.18 KiB) Viewed 1688 times
pecker247

Post by pecker247 »

Now Bow! Bow I said!
Kayarayak

Post by Kayarayak »

chance4103 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:53 pm Just a suggestion but I would start after the Montreal years.Also just to many years to do for HOF. Just my nickle.
Maybe, instead of editing out many interesting years of league history, someone could propose a slate of Montreal players from the dynasty years and we could vote them in, or not, in bulk.
Nomar Garciaparra League - Montreal Canucks
Wally Berger League - Milwaukee Gray Sox
Orlando Cepeda League - Blaze
Albert Pujols League - Montreal Expos
Ted Williams League - Washington Greys
pecker247

Post by pecker247 »

If we start the Hall back up then maybe we should just vote on a handful of owners each year. Reason being is that really good players may get lost in the shuffle with so many to vote on. Maybe vote on a max of 5 per year? We can nominate players and then WillyD decides which 5 will be up for vote in each year. It would also encourage more voting. If you have 8 to 10 to vote for then some owners will check out on the process, but if they only have to vote for 5 or so then maybe they would be more involved? Just a thought.
Kayarayak

Post by Kayarayak »

pecker247 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:46 pm If we start the Hall back up then maybe we should just vote on a handful of owners each year. Reason being is that really good players may get lost in the shuffle with so many to vote on. Maybe vote on a max of 5 per year? We can nominate players and then WillyD decides which 5 will be up for vote in each year. It would also encourage more voting. If you have 8 to 10 to vote for then some owners will check out on the process, but if they only have to vote for 5 or so then maybe they would be more involved? Just a thought.
+1
Nomar Garciaparra League - Montreal Canucks
Wally Berger League - Milwaukee Gray Sox
Orlando Cepeda League - Blaze
Albert Pujols League - Montreal Expos
Ted Williams League - Washington Greys
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

pecker247 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:46 pm If we start the Hall back up then maybe we should just vote on a handful of owners each year. Reason being is that really good players may get lost in the shuffle with so many to vote on. Maybe vote on a max of 5 per year? We can nominate players and then WillyD decides which 5 will be up for vote in each year. It would also encourage more voting. If you have 8 to 10 to vote for then some owners will check out on the process, but if they only have to vote for 5 or so then maybe they would be more involved? Just a thought.
We'll start off with candidates that are locks, or at least near locks to be elected. The bigger your base of HOFers, the easier it is to determine if a newer nominee is worthy. Being that it's the holidays, most people should have a little extra time to go thru a bigger list so we can get closer to being caught up. What I've done before in other leagues to get caught up on the HOF, is to set up 2 voting threads, one for hitters, and then one for pitchers. I'm not talking about a huge list, but it'll likely be more than 5 candidates per group. In future seasons we'll have progressively smaller and smaller groups to vote on.

It would be great if we could have some owners here that could commit to voting consistently on HOF nominees. Ideally it would the more experienced and/or long term owners, but anyone could volunteer.
pecker247

Post by pecker247 »

I will vote on every Hall of Fame vote. We could do a group of 5 owners and if 3 out of 5 agree then that player is in. Or if somehow we could get 7 owners then 5 out of 7 have to agree. I am pretty picky when it comes to the hall so I wouldn't have a ton of yes votes.
Last edited by pecker247 on Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Wally Berger League”