Protest what

Discussions for the Wally Berger League.

Moderators: WillyD, pecker247

Denbone619ca

Protest what

Post by Denbone619ca »

Pecker is going to end up with a good pitcher no matter what. With my 4 pic if this trade is over turn. This trade may actually work in my favor. :roll:
WillyD

Re: Protest what

Post by WillyD »

LOL

You got had. The pick in the current draft is going to land you a worse pitcher. The players you got aren't good. That's why he traded them away. Pecker doesn't trade good players away unless they're old.
pecker247

Post by pecker247 »

There is nothing wrong with the trade. To say that LA didn't get any good players is really an inaccurate statement. There was much back and forth on this and Denbone actually wins this trade. He upgraded his batter and that's just a fact considering his age and his A bunt involved. He got the 4th overall pick in a good draft and a pick for next year as well. There is no guarantee that I will make the playoffs with the current dynamic of Pitt, Cin, and Brooklyn now being very very good. I think that this protest was done for the wrong reasons.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

pecker247 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:09 am There is nothing wrong with the trade. To say that LA didn't get any good players is really an inaccurate statement. There was much back and forth on this and Denbone actually wins this trade. He upgraded his batter and that's just a fact considering his age and his A bunt involved. He got the 4th overall pick in a good draft and a pick for next year as well. There is no guarantee that I will make the playoffs with the current dynamic of Pitt, Cin, and Brooklyn now being very very good. I think that this protest was done for the wrong reasons.
LOL, he wins it? LOLOLOLOLOL

FYI, I didn't protest it, and didn't vote against it. I'm so tired of protecting Denbone from himself. He needs to suffer the consequences of his actions. Unfortunately the ret of the league suffers from it to.

Its' not a horrible trade, but it's a dumb trade for Denbone. He's so far from being a real contender, that the players he picked up won't help him, even if they develop well, which they won't. He got a project guy that might become an adequate #5 pitcher, a hitter that might be good vs lefties and will never hit righties well, a good pick in a not so great draft, and a very, very, very likely playoff pick, which he'll screw up.

You get one of the top starting pitching prospects in the league, and a potentially solid hitter vs RHP and LHP. The SP by himself was worth both picks and the hitter.
pecker247

Post by pecker247 »

Come on man. I understand everyone has an opinion, but there isn't anything wrong with the trade at all.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

pecker247 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:12 pm Come on man. I understand everyone has an opinion, but there isn't anything wrong with the trade at all.
Sorry, the truth hurts. You continually use Denbone as your minor league system, and where does he get? No where. That's where he is, and that's where's going. No where...
pittstlrs

Post by pittstlrs »

WillyD wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:22 pm You continually use Denbone as your minor league system,
Ding Ding Ding!!! Been doing it for years.

Return to “Wally Berger League”