American league leaders !!!!!

Discussions for the Wally Berger League.

Moderators: WillyD, pecker247

2ndCos

American league leaders !!!!!

Post by 2ndCos »

You guys will be better off with Rutherford. Make me a fair offer and dethrone the superpower of the NL.
pittstlrs

Re: American league leaders !!!!!

Post by pittstlrs »

Michael1

Post by Michael1 »

Kevin I don't understand why you traded for Rutherford knowing you are rebuilding. Thinking that you will get a haul for an older player is a fallacy in this game let alone this league. You bit the hook he reeled you in and now the only one who would trade for him will be Montreal come oh July this season when he sees he needs a pitcher to hold off St.Louis.
Soggy

Post by Soggy »

Barnum.JPG
Barnum.JPG (16.26 KiB) Viewed 1515 times
Bashton needs to take a DNA test... I am guessing he is a direct descendant
pecker247

Post by pecker247 »

Oakland got a good deal, but he didn't need Rutherford. That is the very reason he's trying to trade him. I don't think he got suckered on this trade. He got Varicrosse that could end up being A+ A- or at least A+ B+ as a starter. Either way he should be A overall. He gave up Gordy who will be A- A+ and one of the best relievers in the game. Gordy is clearly the better player, but his endurance will hinder a tad. With Montreal it doesn't matter about endurance because of his settings. The trade was fair. Montreal did get a better player, but Oakland got another great player and a pitcher to deal.
2ndCos

Post by 2ndCos »

Michael1, again you input where yours in neither requested or needed. I do not like lefty closers, plus Gordy has F health. I have an "A" pitcher whom 4 or five teams could use including you. I am not looking for a kings ransom, but a fair trade for a pitcher who has yet to hit declines and has at least 3 good years left before his decline affect his performance. You don't want him don't send an offer. He has a sub 3 ERA since he joined my team. OH I won't trade him back to him. I promise that, but I also will not trade him for less than a solid A pitcher is worth. Hell he had an improve last season at OS 34.
Last edited by 2ndCos on Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pittstlrs

Post by pittstlrs »

pecker summed it up well. Nothing wrong with the original deal to Montreal. It can turn from a good deal for Oakland to a great deal depending on what they can get for Rutherford.

Return to “Wally Berger League”