Last Minute Trade Deals?

Discussions for the Wally Berger League.

Moderators: WillyD, pecker247

Maze

Last Minute Trade Deals?

Post by Maze »

With so many injuries the past few games, it's surprising not to see teams re-fueling their roster thru trades before the deadline. Unless Goliath's power is too much to make a difference.

After saying this, will probably get a few offers from Montreal (lol).

Maze
What U Get Is Yours - William Taylor Jr.
bobcat73

Re: Last Minute Trade Deals?

Post by bobcat73 »

I was surprised by the lack of trades. I figured it would heat up at some point this season. I think we are seeing the start of a market correction and possibly next season there will be mostly reasonable deals made. I'll add, many of us are holding off on deals to develop talent and I personally am not going to make trades for hypervauled 35yo WW players. Its a unique league, at least in my experience, from a valuation point of view.
pecker247

Post by pecker247 »

15 trades have been made since the start of the season. That is a ton compared to most leagues. I think the main issue is that there are only a few owners that actually offer any types of trades. Everyone else just sits back and waits for the trades to come to them and when they do some owners complain about the trades they receive. I myself haven't sent out as many trade offers simply because there is a lack of reciprocation. There are many teams out there that with a few moves could of increased their chances of beating Montreal. Boston has gave a good effort in trying to improve his team and low and behold he is leading the pack. I would not of picked Boston to make the playoffs at the start of the year. I was pretty sure it would be Seattle and Washington, but Boston has proven to be a very good owner and a threat in the AL. I also think it's incredibly childish to block teams from offering trades. If you don't want someone to offer you trades just tell them you don't want any offers and I would bet they would stop sending them. Blocking another owner just seems a bit much in my opinion.
Michael1

Post by Michael1 »

With the NL race over in May. There is no real need for me to make a deal. I am pretty sure I have third wrapped up and the only trade anyone would want to make would be for Ott, Bush, Sentell, or Felder. I will need a Catcher in the off season but those are expensive in a decent scarce position.
pittstlrs

Post by pittstlrs »

Everybody looks at different things. I like to keep track of the Pyth. %, especially when my team isn't doing as well as expected. For whatever reason, maybe just one of those years, Seattle has been playing at a much lower win % than the Pyth. % while other teams have been playing above. Lately we have been playing at a .652 clip over the past 23 games. I believe we have the players on the roster, now they just need to perform. We'll see how the last month goes, hopefully there will be enough time for Seattle to get into playoff position.
bahstonwedsawks

Post by bahstonwedsawks »

I need a backup catcher if anybody has one. Send offers...I'll check back in a few minutes before the deadline.
#1 Overall Owner All-Time in these categories:
Championships Pct (72%)
Winning Pct (68.73%)
Prestige Avg (24.67/yr)
WS Apprncs Pct (76%)
Playoff Apprncs Pct (96%)
http://simdynasty.com/ownerleaders.jsp? ... &submit=Go
pecker247

Post by pecker247 »

Seattle...... Mammon has really let you down this year and has caused a lot of issues. On paper on you have the better team. No doubt about it, but I would guess you are losing the 1 run games and without looking I would guess you have a lost a lot of 1 run games and honestly that's where you have gotten a little unlucky and Boston has gotten extremely lucky. It is what it is. If you keep your current pace and ABE doesn't screw you then you will make the playoffs, but it's going to take you beating Washington and Boston when you go head to head with them. You already know all of this.
2ndCos

Post by 2ndCos »

Didn't see this until I got home last night and the deadline had past.. Had a couple of worthy trade veterans available, but trading with me is just too controversial. SO all is well. Good luck all!

Return to “Wally Berger League”