Rule Change Submittals

Discussions for the Wally Berger League.

Moderators: WillyD, pecker247

Soggy

Re: Rule Cjange Submittals

Post by Soggy »

Damn 1%'er
Bahston.JPG
Bahston.JPG (20.78 KiB) Viewed 2251 times
Owenatkinson

Post by Owenatkinson »

6 games a day would be great.
Anti-tanking measures simply don't work. Not that I have seen anyway.
Maze

Post by Maze »

pecker247 wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:27 pm There is no way for anti tanking and honestly we aren't having issues ... Commish what are the pros and cons of 6 games per day? It doesn't cost anymore right?
When teams sit there best players on the bench, or leave them in the minors and play scrubs for the majority of their games ... I'm not going to call any owners out, but it's a strategy knowing the higher the draft pick, the more likelihood of drafting a future HOF.

Some pros of 6 games a day ... increases the pace, in hopes of collasping Goliath faster. Also, player development is quicken. Seeing that many current owners have been in this league for sometime, the change could offer a fresh approach in developing teams. The WBL, in a sense, would be more classified as a SPEED LEAGUE ...

the other side (cons), well ... we would pay more to SimD each year. Mainly becuase as a Subscription League, we all pay by each half season. This means doubled the price of what we normally would pay. It seems, this factor alone eventually chases people out of 6GPD or 9GPD SPEED LEAUGES ... the increase rate of payment to SimD. Another factor (from me research) includes owners unable to keep pace with the movement. By speeding up the pace, owners must keep up with their decisions. There's a greater chance to make miscalculated moves worsening their chances to be champs.

So, yes it would cost more.
What U Get Is Yours - William Taylor Jr.
bahstonwedsawks

Post by bahstonwedsawks »

Maze wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:52 am the other side (cons), well ... we would pay more to SimD each year. Mainly becuase as a Subscription League, we all pay by each half season. This means doubled the price of what we normally would pay. It seems, this factor alone eventually chases people out of 6GPD or 9GPD SPEED LEAUGES ... the increase rate of payment to SimD. Another factor (from me research) includes owners unable to keep pace with the movement. By speeding up the pace, owners must keep up with their decisions. There's a greater chance to make miscalculated moves worsening their chances to be champs.

So, yes it would cost more.
You pay by month, not by season, right? If so, then it's a much better value to play 6gpd than 3gpd. Twice as many games (100% increase) for $0.50 more from $5.25 to $5.75 (9.5% increase). You're getting 10-fold value on that $0.50 extra paid per month. Over the course of a year you pay $6.00 more for an additional 6 seasons... or $1 per season. That's a solid value investment!
Soggy

Re: Rule Change Submittals

Post by Soggy »

I thought speed leagues pay by the month too (not sure). If it is only a nominal increase in cost.

I think it makes sense to got to 6 GPD. BTW... to defend Bahston a little bit... It should not be a published league goal/benefit to make a rule change so we can adversely affect a specific team. As individual team owners it's fine to have that sentiment(Maze included). As a league, we should not be altering rules to get a specific guy/(s).

I think we bring up the 6 GPD for a vote once we confirm a price.
pecker247

Post by pecker247 »

If a trade is lopsided or unfair then put it up for a vote...... If Bahston offers trades and teams accept them then the responsibility has to lay a little bit on the other team and if someone isn't going to put the trade up for vote then what is the point. I get a little confused because in some posts owners use the word "Goliath" for both Montreal and myself and in other posts "Goliath" is only used for Montreal so I am not sure if I am in that Goliath mix or not half of the time. Doesn't really matter because if you look at the history of the league I haven't really found a way to beat Montreal consistently and honestly I have had some pretty good teams. No matter now as I am out of the mix for a while with the rebuild. As for the "tanking" it only makes sense that if a team is getting closer to a draft pick that they try to get to that draft pick. All other major sports do this and are pretty open about it. As I go through my rebuild I will have some really crappy records, but it's going to be because I am playing my younger guys and older mentors. There isn't a way to avoid "tanking" and I don't think there really should be. It's kind of part of the game. If you are going to lose then why wouldn't you want to lose BIG? I don't plan on intentionally tanking myself, but I do plan on losing with the team I will have for about 5 or 6 years.

I say let's put the 6 games a day up for vote and go from there. How many votes do we need for it to pass?
pittstlrs

Post by pittstlrs »

My 2 cents,

No to tanking rules. It seems that the majority of the time the teams at the bottom don't even have their own pick anyways.

I have played 6GPD and prefer the pace of the 3GPD. As far as the cost, it wouldn't be doubled as stated earlier. The most common price for 6GPD leagues is $5.75 per month, not season.

If we move to 6GPD (which seems like a lot of people would like) I will not leave, I would simply learn to adapt.
Maze

Post by Maze »

Made an error ...

... the 6 GPD is 5.75/mo. Will put up for a vote
What U Get Is Yours - William Taylor Jr.
pecker247

Post by pecker247 »

I have been on this site for I think 13 years now and have NEVER played more than 3 a game. Call me old fashioned, but I would like to try it. Worst case scenario we hate it and we go back to 3 games per day. I don't think we are going to hate it though. It will make the season go by quicker and I personally think it will be fun. Let's give it a whirl since it really doesn't cost extra to do so. My opinion.
bahstonwedsawks

Post by bahstonwedsawks »

pecker247 wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:36 pm I have been on this site for I think 13 years now and have NEVER played more than 3 a game. Call me old fashioned, but I would like to try it. Worst case scenario we hate it and we go back to 3 games per day. I don't think we are going to hate it though. It will make the season go by quicker and I personally think it will be fun. Let's give it a whirl since it really doesn't cost extra to do so. My opinion.
Bottom-line: we get more bang for our buck with 6gpd. I'm going to vote "yes" for the change.

Return to “Wally Berger League”