(WBL) Voting Poll Switching to 6 GPD

Discussions for the Wally Berger League.

Moderators: WillyD, pecker247

Rule Change to 6 GPD at a cost of $5.75/mo (Y) or stay at 3 GPD at $5.25/mo (N)

Poll ended at Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:38 pm

Y
69%
N
31%

Total votes: 13

Maze

Re: (WBL) Voting Poll Switching to 6 GPD

Post by Maze »

According to the site, the cost is $5.75 per month only. But I did send a message to support to clarify. Haven't heard nothing back yet. Plus, voting ends Sunday and one has until then to change their vote if they desire to do so ... still need some votes.
What U Get Is Yours - William Taylor Jr.
pecker247

Post by pecker247 »

It's an extra 50 cents a month.......
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

50 cents more per month is correct. So your cost is actually reduced if you look at it from a cost per season standpoint.

This is definitely a major change, as it affects people's costs, and as noted for those who can't log in often they may miss much more.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
Maze

Post by Maze »

Admin received the thread to change to 6 GPD. Also, we must cancel and recreate our subscriptions when the change occurs. If this is a problem speak on it right away ...
What U Get Is Yours - William Taylor Jr.
pecker247

Post by pecker247 »

Sounds good. Any idea of what that process looks like?
Soggy

Post by Soggy »

Since the 6 GPD has been approved by the league are we going to make the switch this off-season? What are the next steps to make the switch? Thanks. Soggy
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here's what the process looks like:

- Everyone cancels their subscriptions.
- Some people realize they can game the system a bit by purchasing an extra few months after they cancel to lock in future months at the current rate
- Sometime between the beginning of the postseason and the draft, I lay in the additional games and make the change in the league setting. At this point people can renew at the new rate.
- The new season starts.
- Sometime within the first month after the change, that one guy who didn't read the instructions hits his renewal at the wrong rate and accidentally gets locked out.

It's a pretty straightforward process.

As far as this season or next: Since the vote was not unanimous, we implement the next offseason rather than this one, to give those who don't approve time to make their decision.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
pecker247

Post by pecker247 »

Everything made perfect sense until the very last sentence. Are you saying we aren't going to 6 games per day starting next year? We still have a week or so before the start of the next season and in all honesty that should be plenty of time to get changed over if we start now. Are you saying to go ahead and cancel the subscription right now?
pittstlrs

Post by pittstlrs »

He is saying that because the vote wasn't unanimous the next season we play will be 3GPD and the switch to 6GPD will be done in two offseasons. This gives time for those that voted no to decide if they want to stay or not.
bahstonwedsawks

Post by bahstonwedsawks »

My renewal page shows the following... so, Chris/Admin, I should do nothing right now as I don't have a subscription and I'm already paid up for the next 293 days, right? I think I'm good, just want to verify.

Our records indicate that you do not have an active subscription. Please use the links below to either re-subscribe, or to make a one-time payment. If you make a one-time payment, you can choose how many months you want to pay for by entering a quantity while at PayPal.

Re-Subscribe Link for $5.25 per month (First 293 days free since paid up already)

Return to “Wally Berger League”