Who's going for it next year?

Discussions for the Wally Berger League.

Moderators: WillyD, pecker247

WillyD

Who's going for it next year?

Post by WillyD »

Which teams in the NL (besides MON) are hoping to compete for the playoffs in 2038? Will there be any serious contenders to the defending champs SEA and the AL wild card winner WAS?
Maze

Re: Who's going for it next year?

Post by Maze »

Will be interesting to see who will make the wildcard. Could be the LA Metal Gods ...
What U Get Is Yours - William Taylor Jr.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

Boston has some players that would be difference makers...
Owenatkinson

Post by Owenatkinson »

Not Brooklyn...still not there yet.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

OAK just picked up A overall pitcher Mills, and 2nd baseman Fletcher.

Boston still has a lot of valuable trade pieces available!
Denbone619ca

Post by Denbone619ca »

GO LA Metal Gods I've been in this league now for over 3 years and never seen the likes of the play-offs I have never been to the play-offs in any paid league I see new owner Willy Big time D got over 140 rings, but you know I have sim Dynasty rings it just doesn't show on paper because there all trial league rings. It's better than no ring out all But I whould love nothing more than to make the play-offs in the paid league. In two weeks I'm will play my first game in a 24 team format the Baltimore Purple Soxs . And they look like the Metal Gods With all that Purple. And Maze is in this league I just forgot the name of the league I know it begins with the letter K This Time Im in the same American league as MAZE , but different division. It should be fun the team that I'm taking over has no pitching what so ever.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

Denbone619ca wrote: Wed May 02, 2018 6:55 pm GO LA Metal Gods I've been in this league now for over 3 years and never seen the likes of the play-offs I have never been to the play-offs in any paid league I see new owner Willy Big time D got over 140 rings, but you know I have sim Dynasty rings it just doesn't show on paper because there all trial league rings. It's better than no ring out all But I whould love nothing more than to make the play-offs in the paid league. In two weeks I'm will play my first game in a 24 team format the Baltimore Purple Soxs . And they look like the Metal Gods With all that Purple. And Maze is in this league I just forgot the name of the league I know it begins with the letter K This Time Im in the same American league as MAZE , but different division. It should be fun the team that I'm taking over has no pitching what so ever.
Hi Denbone. The trial leagues are really about introducing new owners to how the game works, and an opportunity to work on your managerial settings. However, they're not good at teaching an owner about drafting and development, which is probably the most important aspect to this game.

To win in your average pay league you need to be good or better in these categories:

1. Game/Team management
2. Drafting/Development
3. Trading

You can be a little weak in one of these, but then you'll need to be exceptional in one or two of the others. Of course, your competition is the main thing that will affect your success. Another thing that's important is an owner's sense of timing. For example, your team's only chance at making the playoffs is probably this year, and then that's going to be it for a long time. There are a couple of teams in the NL that are baking into very solid teams, and I don't feel your team is going to have the guns to keep up with them. I only see a core of 4 players for you to build around, and it looks like they be pushing declines before you'll have anything to put around them. With no real talent in the minors, and just 1 good draft pick in the next 3 seasons, I don't see it happening for you. The only season I say you have a shot this season is because StL sold off, and no one else in the NL seems to want to really win the wild card and face off vs Goliath. That's a good strategy anyhow. If I was one of the up and comers in the NL, I'd just focus on development, and if I get in, I get in.

If you ever have any questions on your new team in the 24 team league feel free to message me. I'm a veteran of the 24 team league, playing in the 24 team Beta League, as well as owning 2 teams in pay league that play 24 games. It's easier to make the playoffs with 33% of the teams making it vs. the 25% in a normal league, but harder to win the championship due to the extra round of playoffs.
Denbone619ca

Post by Denbone619ca »

I decided to for it because I thought league was playing 6 games now I traded all my draft picks away and life time players. I look forward to the 24 team league.

Return to “Wally Berger League”