Trade Rule...

Discussions for the Wally Berger League.

Moderators: WillyD, pecker247

sparxx

Trade Rule...

Post by sparxx »

I'm not sure how most feel, but if you accept a waiver wire pickup as a trade option, you're losing. Worst case scenario that player is going to take a spot on your roster that could go to a prospect.

Note to all future offers... Don't send that stuff my way. It's a Montreal trick, and I'm tired of it.
sparxx

Re: Trade Rule...

Post by sparxx »

Further to this... why can't you see Waiver wire transactions? Interesting.

I think that waivers is abused here... and probably across SimDynasty. You should only pick up a player off waivers if you have an injury, or an open slot, and that player should remain on your roster for a year. It stops the scavenger diving that Montreal (and others) is notorious for.

It's a garbage tactic that takes advantage of new/weaker players.

I'm not paying to see Montreal and others rape teams.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

sparxx wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 3:07 pm Further to this... why can't you see Waiver wire transactions? Interesting.
You can see them. They also show up on the player's card.

In terms of Montreal trade offers, you should always assume you're getting waiver wire players, and then be happily surprised when it's actually something good.
sparxx

Post by sparxx »

You used to be able to see a waiver wire transactions page. It showed just how much it's abused.

It's why I won't deal with Montreal at all any more.

Hood luck to those who do, but all you need to see is Joe he has raped this league and I don't know how anyone deals with him.
bahstonwedsawks

Post by bahstonwedsawks »

sparxx wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 3:35 pm You used to be able to see a waiver wire transactions page.
Still can, man. http://simdynasty.com/leagueinfo.jsp?fi ... ws&lid=131
#1 Overall Owner All-Time in these categories:
Championships Pct (72%)
Winning Pct (68.73%)
Prestige Avg (24.67/yr)
WS Apprncs Pct (76%)
Playoff Apprncs Pct (96%)
http://simdynasty.com/ownerleaders.jsp? ... &submit=Go
pecker247

Post by pecker247 »

Just because someone is on the waiver wire it doesn't mean they are trash....

This guy was on the waivers last year.

http://simdynasty.com/player.jsp?player ... d=12320028

Former #4 overall pick and A- overall. Waiver wires can improve.

Detroit, I hear what you are saying loud and clear, but just because someone was on the waivers does not mean they are always trash. There have been many times that I missed out on a guy on the waivers and then paid off the team that grabbed him. It's always about the quality of the player and not where they came from. Sometimes a 3rd round pick can be better than a 1st round pick. Every draft is different and many owners have different evaluations of players or they are too full and need to make space so they waive a pretty good player. If go back and look at the trades you will notice that many players off the waivers are being traded by many different teams. Montreal has just done it better than everyone else. I think there is good strategy from finding players off the waiver wire, improving them, and then trading them. It's part of the game.
bobcat73

Post by bobcat73 »

Pecker you fleeced that dude with a middle of the road wavier wire pitcher and got a 2nd round pick and a guy who you can play while you tank and he will develop very nicely. I suspect it's just possible you might be the (and other guys) from the post above if your going to post that you did not get over in that deal. :lol:
bobcat73

Post by bobcat73 »

sparxx wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 3:35 pm
.... and I don't know how anyone deals with him.
Carefully just as you deal with any other owner.

It should be generally done as an owner but if you look at a players transactions and see he was just grab from the waiver wire the deal is more likely not going to help your team.
As pecked said not everyone of the WW is there because they are worthless. Sometimes we let a piece go because we don't have room and don't care to get some value from it. Mostly though they are trash and someone is trying to screw you out of an asset.
sparxx

Post by sparxx »

Let's make a general point here. I'm not saying that all players on the waiver wire are trash, but when they are picked up EXCLUSIVELY to add to trade deals, you can guarantee that more often than not... they are trash. If they were quality, why would Montreal and others be so damn hot to get rid of them (same player in MULTIPLE OFFERS????)

Sorry, but it's an abuse of the system and as I said, I would like to see it changed, where players are picked up and have to remain on a roster for 1 calendar year, or cut back to the waiver wire.

What no one is wanting to address here is the ABUSE of the system.

Again, the waiver wire is a good thing.... but not the way it's used and abused here.

You can dink around make all the damn excuses you like, but this is yet another reason I'm considering getting out of this league.
pecker247

Post by pecker247 »

bobcat73 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 11:52 pm Pecker you fleeced that dude with a middle of the road wavier wire pitcher and got a 2nd round pick and a guy who you can play while you tank and he will develop very nicely. I suspect it's just possible you might be the (and other guys) from the post above if your going to post that you did not get over in that deal. :lol:

I am not seeing where I "fleeced" anyone here. I got a mid level prospect(former 2nd round pick) and a potential playoff 2nd round pick for an A- overall pitcher. Looks like a pretty standard trade to me. The only thing I got of any real value was the prospect and even he is not a high level prospect. Considering that LA is winning right now and the pitcher is pitching well. I think the trade was a pretty damn good trade for both parties.

Return to “Wally Berger League”