Eddie Maiden gets the call up

Discussions for the Wally Berger League.

Moderators: WillyD, pecker247

pittstlrs

Eddie Maiden gets the call up

Post by pittstlrs »

Eddie Maiden got the call up from AAA to join the big club in Montreal. Sent down was Bill Williams and a first round pick. Have no fear though, as they will surely be returning to the big club at a later date.
WillyD

Re: Eddie Maiden gets the call up

Post by WillyD »

What a fleece job that was.
Soggy

Post by Soggy »

You can say that again!
trade.JPG
trade.JPG (18.57 KiB) Viewed 2192 times
pittstlrs

Post by pittstlrs »

You guys thought I was joking when I said LAN is his AAA team. This bullshit right here proves it.

LAN trades his best reliever 28yo Blaze Bayer (now named Bill Harley) for a 1st round pick.

He then trades back that 1st round pick to MON for a 36yo SS.

Mon sends back the 1st round pick for LAN's best SP 27yo Eddie Maiden.

He basically traded away his two best pitchers (under 30) for a single 1st round pick. Total bullshit right there.
Maze

Post by Maze »

I agree. Furthermore, we may need to place a ban on these two owners doing any trades for a specified time frame. There seems to be some form of … collusion? I don't know if there is. Still, I sent Denbone a message asking if he was going to trade his best player, why not annouce it to the league to get the best offers? Why not put the player on the trade block if not going to annouce it? These and other questions are troublesome.

Maze
What U Get Is Yours - William Taylor Jr.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

Maze wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:28 pm why not annouce it to the league to get the best offers? Why not put the player on the trade block if not going to annouce it?

Maze
This is a great point! Alway, always let the league know when you're selling off. Especially when you're making an ace pitcher just entering his prime available in a trade.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

How about no more trades of Eddie Maiden this season?

Denbone, wait until next season, as he probably improves a bit more, and then let everyone know he's available. Wait for some offers, and use the trade advice option on any offers from MON or StL. There are a ton of great young starting pitching prospects out there, and you should be able to get at least one of them as part of any package.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

Thanks to Soggy on ending the madness. Denbone got a solid SP prospect back for Maiden!
pittstlrs

Post by pittstlrs »

WillyD wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:32 am Thanks to Soggy on ending the madness. Denbone got a solid SP prospect back for Maiden!
I think you meant to say Montreal got a solid SP prospect. He may not be on Montreal's team now, but he will be at some point.
pittstlrs

Post by pittstlrs »

Well I was wrong, Littrell went to St. Louis for a bucket of batting practice balls.

Return to “Wally Berger League”