Thoughts about random stuff

Discussions for the Wally Berger League.

Moderators: WillyD, pecker247

pittstlrs

Re: Thoughts about random stuff

Post by pittstlrs »

The main thing to take from all of this is that Milwaukee is going to trade their 1st round pick. St. Louis has been "blocking" Montreal from getting the pick but now somebody else needs to get in on the act.

Get ready to send your offers when the 2044 draft picks become available. Just pick up a couple of guys from the waiver wire and you should be golden. ;)
bobcat73

Post by bobcat73 »

Kayarayak wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:22 am Your mileage may vary, but my experience with draft picks in this league is consistently disappointing, and far worse than in my other leagues, so I may not treasure my draft picks as much as you do.
Keep a couple of those top 5 picks and your going to be very happy with the mileage. Hell take a moment to go here http://simdynasty.com/draftpref.jsp?mode=res&year=2033 and look at how well those picks turned out for the teams that got them. 3 min of checking will show you that top 10 picks are nearly always going to turn out just fine.

I am not saying or thinking, "Kayaryak dont play the way you wont". I do think if you plan on shipping a first round pick you should put something up on the forum because we are about 10 seasons in and I just noticed you will happily trade your first round pick. I would also suggest that perhaps with minimal effort you can get a better deal than you got in this one.
pecker247

Post by pecker247 »

In a perfect world each team would put on the board the players or picks they are willing to trade and then a bidding war ensues. I think everyone knows this doesn't happen. There have been recent trades where the owner could of gotten more than what they got by posting on the board, but this didn't happen. There are owners that are more active than other owners. I don't get a lot of trade offers myself, but if I do they are generally just from a couple of owners. 99% of the time I have to propose the trade to another owner. I am rebuilding so I am trying to get younger and more importantly better. The AL has it a little easier, but if you look at the NL and what is about to happen it's going to be an all out war pretty soon. If you look at the league as a whole there is a concentration of some very good owners and when that happens the good owners don't want to see the other good owners get any better.

It would be nice if we left the protest trade option for the really lopsided trades and not for trades like this. We can either vote on every single trade that is done or we can wait for the big ones. It seems like we are just picking out trades to protest based on the owner and that doesn't seem very fair.

Just my thoughts about random stuff which don't really seem to be random at all...
bobcat73

Post by bobcat73 »

this was really lopsided. We voted and it stands. If owners are using the voting process to pick on other owners they don't like or to gain an edge there is not much we can do about it and I honestly don't care. I been part of one of those and the deal was judged fair and we all moved on. Which just happened on this deal.

What I am interested in is that multiple owners are getting rolled every season and seem to have not noticed it. Well I noticed and randomly decided that I would point out that first round picks have value. Much more value than 2 WW guys and a 2nd round pick when the pick will be easily be top 10.
pecker247

Post by pecker247 »

I'm sorry that you feel that way.
Kayarayak

Post by Kayarayak »

pittstlrs wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:34 am The main thing to take from all of this is that Milwaukee is going to trade their 1st round pick.
That's what you take away from all this? Not that somebody made a groundless accusation of collusion and owes at least three teams, if not the entire league, an apology? Nice pivot away from the offensive way this thread began.
Nomar Garciaparra League - Montreal Canucks
Wally Berger League - Milwaukee Gray Sox
Orlando Cepeda League - Blaze
Albert Pujols League - Montreal Expos
Ted Williams League - Washington Greys
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

Kayarayak wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:22 am Your mileage may vary, but my experience with draft picks in this league is consistently disappointing, and far worse than in my other leagues, so I may not treasure my draft picks as much as you do. I am also not impressed with the results of my trades, but I think I am marginally better off than I would have been otherwise. In other leagues I sometimes get lucky with the waiver wire; but again, in this league, there seem to be no hidden treasures.

My draft picks would be more valuable for a while if I tanked, er, did a rebuild; however, I have never done that. So I pick up what scraps of advantage I can and try to get the best out of the players I have.

If your experience is different, that's great. You do you. Just keep your potty mouth to yourself.
You’ll always be stuck in the middle. Full rebuild, and most of your picks will be good. I try to only be in the middle of the pack once when going up, and only once on the way down. Any position besides 1, 2, 7, or 8th is a failed, and wasted season.
Kayarayak

Post by Kayarayak »

WillyD wrote: Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:08 pm
You’ll always be stuck in the middle.
Probably.
Nomar Garciaparra League - Montreal Canucks
Wally Berger League - Milwaukee Gray Sox
Orlando Cepeda League - Blaze
Albert Pujols League - Montreal Expos
Ted Williams League - Washington Greys
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I have to say if there is collusion, they would be the last two to ever collude with each other.

Draft picks in this league are no different than draft picks in other leagues. There is no league-specific code in the draft engine.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.

Return to “Wally Berger League”