Thoughts about random stuff

Discussions for the Wally Berger League.

Moderators: WillyD, pecker247

bobcat73

Thoughts about random stuff

Post by bobcat73 »

Literally someone just traded 2 guys from the waiver wire for a first round pick. I am not voting down the deal because clearly the two owners involved are hell bent on making the deal.

So Kayarak, thats a shitty deal and the league saved you from it once. Enjoy your two waiver wire guys who will always be bad and when St.Lo is once again smashing up the Division it will not be a shock.

Pecker, well done. Good deal for your club.
pittstlrs

Re: Thoughts about random stuff

Post by pittstlrs »

Interesting fact: Milwaukee has traded their #1 pick to either Montreal or St. Louis since 2032. :roll: Maybe even before that but I stopped there. They have never made the playoffs in that span. :roll: Teams that don't even sniff the playoffs shouldn't be trading away their #1 picks.

2043 #1 to St. Louis
2042 #1 to St. Louis
2041 #1 to St. Louis
2040 #1 to St. Louis
2039 #1 to Montreal
2038 #1 to St. Louis
2037 #1 to St. Louis
2036 #1 to Montreal
2035 #1 to St. Louis
2034 #1 yo Montreal
2033 #1 to Montreal
2032 #1 to Montreal
Kayarayak

Post by Kayarayak »

Hello.

Thank you for your unsolicited opinions, under a misleading topic title. I am sorry the legal actions of other players cause you this much grief. I don't know anything about your situation in the real world, but I hope things beyond your control there cause you less anguish than they seem to cause you in this game.
Nomar Garciaparra League - Montreal Canucks
Wally Berger League - Milwaukee Gray Sox
Orlando Cepeda League - Blaze
Albert Pujols League - Montreal Expos
Ted Williams League - Washington Greys
sparxx

Post by sparxx »

its all a bunch of collusion bs. you can't tell me any different.

nasty stuff... and people are like well... its ok...

It's not.
Kayarayak

Post by Kayarayak »

This *may* be why the rule is not to discuss trades. Please be careful of allegations you throw around.
sparxx

Post by sparxx »

proof is in the pudding... not an accusation if its a proven fact.
pittstlrs

Post by pittstlrs »

sparxx wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:13 am nasty stuff... and people are like well... its ok...
This is where I think you are wrong. This league has voted on far many more trades than all my other leagues and years playing this game combined. That proves that people aren't ok with it.

Unfortunately, with the amount of trades in this league some bad ones are going to slip through. That is what people are counting on and why some players send a countless barrage of trade offers. Another thing is that you can't fix stupid. Unfortunately, there is a lot of stupid in this league.
Last edited by pittstlrs on Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kayarayak

Post by Kayarayak »

Which is it not.

There are two teams that send me a lot of trade offers, the vast majority of which I turn down. Some I accept. The rest of the league sends almost zero trade offers, and I initiate almost none myself. I know almost nothing about the Montreal and St. Louis players beyond that they are pretty good at this game. I would not even know how to collude with them, or with any other owner, nor what I would gain out of it.

Please devote your energy and intelligence to some other, more useful, topic.
pecker247

Post by pecker247 »

Do you really think that Milwaukee and myself are colluding? Maybe you are using the wrong term or something because this is out of this world. In fact this whole conversation is on a whole new level. I can't speak for everyone because we still had 4 owners that voted to overturn this last trade for whatever reason., but if you truly believe that there is collusion then don't just sit there and make accusations, contact admin and make a complaint. It would be a shame if you truly believed that and it festered in your brain. Put it to bed or don't make the claim. I am not sure who pissed in your cheerios, but this is a train wreck. Contact admin and let them know you think there is collusion. I welcome it.
Kayarayak

Post by Kayarayak »

Your mileage may vary, but my experience with draft picks in this league is consistently disappointing, and far worse than in my other leagues, so I may not treasure my draft picks as much as you do. I am also not impressed with the results of my trades, but I think I am marginally better off than I would have been otherwise. In other leagues I sometimes get lucky with the waiver wire; but again, in this league, there seem to be no hidden treasures.

My draft picks would be more valuable for a while if I tanked, er, did a rebuild; however, I have never done that. So I pick up what scraps of advantage I can and try to get the best out of the players I have.

If your experience is different, that's great. You do you. Just keep your potty mouth to yourself.

Return to “Wally Berger League”