Trade rules reminder

Discussions for the Wally Berger League.

Moderators: WillyD, pecker247

Admin
Site Admin

Trade rules reminder

Post by Admin »

Reminder: "player renting" (moving the same player back and forth between two teams) is prohibited by the rules. If the same player is moving back and forth, trades may be blocked between the two owners involved.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
pecker247

Re: Trade rules reminder

Post by pecker247 »

Why is this getting brought up? Is this a reminder site wide or something?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

It's brought up in this league because it's a problem in this league.
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
Kayarayak

Post by Kayarayak »

I have had the same player pass through my roster more than once on occasion. Since that happens in the real major leagues (I was delighted when Andrés Galarraga came back to the Expos after ten years away, at the end of his career), I did not realize it was an issue in SD.
Nomar Garciaparra League - Montreal Canucks
Wally Berger League - Milwaukee Gray Sox
Orlando Cepeda League - Blaze
Albert Pujols League - Montreal Expos
Ted Williams League - Washington Greys
Denbone619ca

WS

Post by Denbone619ca »

:D congrats Boston
Michael1

Post by Michael1 »

Kayarayak wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:29 am I have had the same player pass through my roster more than once on occasion. Since that happens in the real major leagues (I was delighted when Andrés Galarraga came back to the Expos after ten years away, at the end of his career), I did not realize it was an issue in SD.
It is more of the Jones is traded to X from Y for Ming. 2 months later Y needs Jones for a run. So X trades Jones for a 1st to Y. Y has nothing to show for the trades and X has Ming and a extra first and Jones. trading a player back after 2 or seasons is okay as long as the same parts aren't exchanged.
pecker247

Post by pecker247 »

2 years later...
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

It's one of those tricky "you know it when you see it" things. I really don't like rules that don't have a "bright line" defining them, but no good way around it here. Every rule we have has been made necessary at some point over our 20-year history.

Chris/Admin

Return to “Wally Berger League”