Sim Hockey!

Discussions for the Wally Berger League.

Moderators: WillyD, pecker247

pittstlrs

Sim Hockey!

Post by pittstlrs »

12 games in and my team is averaging 2.25 goals a game. Oops! I mean runs.

Oooooffff! This is going to be a long season.
jmckeean

Re: Sim Hockey!

Post by jmckeean »

Ha! The title actually drew my interest as a possible new venue for the SimTeam. :) Amazing how your team has so quickly faded to obscurity, a couple of seasons ago you were winning League Championships.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

Sim Hockey would be quite the awesome!
pittstlrs

Post by pittstlrs »

jmckeean wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:59 am Amazing how your team has so quickly faded to obscurity, a couple of seasons ago you were winning League Championships.
Yeah, they got old quick. We are in a full rebuild now. Hopefully it won't take to long to get back towards the top.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

WillyD wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:15 am Sim Hockey would be quite the awesome!
We looked into it at one point, but neither Tyson or I know the game well enough to simulate it. And there is more than enough to do on the two sims we have.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
WillyD

Post by WillyD »

Admin wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:33 pm
WillyD wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:15 am Sim Hockey would be quite the awesome!
We looked into it at one point, but neither Tyson or I know the game well enough to simulate it. And there is more than enough to do on the two sims we have.

Chris
Simulating a game with a near constant flow of play like hockey, soccer, and basketball, would be very difficult. Baseball is the easiest because you have one on one match ups.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

WillyD wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:05 pm Simulating a game with a near constant flow of play like hockey, soccer, and basketball, would be very difficult. Baseball is the easiest because you have one on one match ups.
On the plus side, if we did all three a lot of the code could be shared; a lot of the structure of the games are similar.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.

Return to “Wally Berger League”