Here is why an unnamed owner protested Montreal's trade. Must read...

Discussions for the Wally Berger League.

Moderators: WillyD, pecker247

pittstlrs

Re: Here is why an unnamed owner protested Montreal's trade. Must read...

Post by pittstlrs »

pecker247 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:13 pm Not sure why that's laughable. The past trades were not protested therefore there isn't a whole lot we as a league can say about it.
It is laughable because in the same sentence you say you don't protest trades you blame the league for letting bad trades go through. Montreal has been doing this for a long time and it has been pointed out before and it has been pointed out to Admin. That is why Admin posted the rule reminder. Soggy was right, you are just as predatory as Montreal. The thing is, Montreal does it better than you.
Soggy

Post by Soggy »

The best advice I can give... quantity does not trump quality (yeah I am fishing for some Trump jokes)

But it's true... getting 3 or 4 mediocre pieces for a top 5 pick or prospect is a losers bet.

When your team is a piece or two away from being a serious contender its ok to mortgage your future a little in order to make a run. However, when you finish perpetually in the bottom half of the league and continually trade your top picks and prospects for a bunch of bottom tier starters or backups on most teams...you are never going to get over the hump. You might pick up a few games or finish a little higher, but it's fools gold... you are only making the stronger teams stronger & ultimately hurting your team
pecker247

Post by pecker247 »

pittstlrs wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:44 pm
pecker247 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:13 pm Not sure why that's laughable. The past trades were not protested therefore there isn't a whole lot we as a league can say about it.
It is laughable because in the same sentence you say you don't protest trades you blame the league for letting bad trades go through. Montreal has been doing this for a long time and it has been pointed out before and it has been pointed out to Admin. That is why Admin posted the rule reminder. Soggy was right, you are just as predatory as Montreal. The thing is, Montreal does it better than you.
Not sure who pissed in your cereal today.

Maybe you weren't here for this part or maybe you have forgotten, but admin made it clear that he didn't want me protesting Montreal's trades and he didn't want Montreal protesting my trades. At that point it's up to the league. The ONLY reason why this was even brought up in the past was because I was the one bringing it up. I was the original in this whole mess and was the one that stirred the pot for better or for worse. I didn't personally attack you in this post nor did I personally attack Soggy. I merely stated facts. I will choose to look the other way because it doesn't make sense to battle with you and I don't really care what you say because it's merely a distraction.
pecker247

Post by pecker247 »

chance4103 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:07 pm As everyone is saying I am the one feeding the beast.I went back and looked who traded with Montreal from 5-7-42 to date.
Oak 'Mil, LA, Bos,NY, Det, Balt and my team.Wow i am not the only one feeding the beast.
Also tell me how these trades are not feeding the beast
6/10/2042

Trade #1577979 has been completed between the Boston Anonymous and the Montreal Malicious Moose. The Montreal Malicious Moose receive Draft Pick - 2043 Round 1 (NYA) from the Boston Anonymous in exchange for Draft Pick - 2045 Round 1 (MON)
NY never finished later in draft than Montreal

/1/2043

Trade #1580493 has been completed between the Montreal Hosers and the Boston Anonymous. The Boston Anonymous receive Draft Pick - 2046 Round 1 (MON) from the Montreal Hosers in exchange for Rick Long, Draft Pick - 2044 Round 2 (BOS).

Way I see this offer you give up B+ player to move up in draft 3 or 4 spots in the draft.Not much gain there for what you are giving up

I Gave up a A- player got back a B+ player and two 2nd rd picks one being BOS and the other Montreal

Seems to me half the league is trading with Montreal.

Pecker/or anyone else; You may say I am not good at trading but I will not let you say I am cheating , taking bribes or anything else along those lines.Sorry not that kind of person.
Boston;The above i posted so you can explain to me how those are better than the one that got reversed.

I don't care if you protest trade if unfair thats fine.I just want to know why it is unfair so I can try to learn for the future
Never said that you cheated. Also you didn't pick very good examples on the other trades. I will let someone else take this one on and explain it.
pittstlrs

Post by pittstlrs »

pecker247 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:02 pm Not sure who pissed in your cereal today.

Maybe you weren't here for this part or maybe you have forgotten, but admin made it clear that he didn't want me protesting Montreal's trades and he didn't want Montreal protesting my trades. At that point it's up to the league. The ONLY reason why this was even brought up in the past was because I was the one bringing it up. I was the original in this whole mess and was the one that stirred the pot for better or for worse. I didn't personally attack you in this post nor did I personally attack Soggy. I merely stated facts. I will choose to look the other way because it doesn't make sense to battle with you and I don't really care what you say because it's merely a distraction.
Of course I remember that you can't protest Montreal's trades. That is not what you said, you said "I don't protest trades". Anyways, you can send U2U's as you have before to try and get the ball rolling to protest a Montreal trade. You can second the motion after all, just not start the process. So instead of blaming the league for these trades getting through, you should of just sent more U2U's.
pecker247

Post by pecker247 »

That is correct. I have received and sent many messages in the past about trades. Everyone is aware of that. And yes you are probably right I should of sent more U2's or owners like you can actually do something instead of waiting for someone else to do it. It gets pretty tiring being the loudest voice and then getting crapped on from owners like you. I don't take it personally. You and I seem to have a love/hate relationship with me doing all of the loving and you doing all of the hating. It's a pretty abusive relationship, but I stick with it because I love you.
Soggy

Post by Soggy »

That's really sweet... I'm happy for you guys
Bromance.JPG
Bromance.JPG (25.17 KiB) Viewed 1670 times
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Further trades between these two teams are banned.

I SPECIFICALLY posted on the subject of trading a player back and forth.

THis league has been officially warned twice now. Same owner each time, of course. Anyone in this league does it again and it is a permanent site ban.

This thread is closed.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.

Return to “Wally Berger League”