New Owner in Pittsburgh

Discussions for the Wally Berger League.

Moderators: WillyD, pecker247

pittstlrs

Re: New Owner in Pittsburgh

Post by pittstlrs »

Dogbelly wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:22 pm Thanks to those who already sent me trade offers.
Let me guess, 90% of the offers are from Montreal and the other 10% are from St. Louis.
bobcat73

Post by bobcat73 »

Welcome to the league. Take no offer from St Louis or montreal. At least not this season. Your going to find some of the offers are very good and some are laughably bad. This league has some odd Dynamics around Value in a trade so before you deal anything I would watch what other people are getting and offering.
Also since we have some owners who send a lot of offers keep in mind that you are able to post up and ask the league if anyone is interested in a player you are willing to move.

Honestly it's a fun league it's very competitive and even though the forums get testy it generally all fun. But for God sake don't trade all your first round picks away for guys who are 33yo. The league is just recovering from from such activity and you got a great club, ride it for a while and rack up some wins
pecker247

Post by pecker247 »

I might add that since I am on the do not trade list you must add New York on the do not trade list as well. Actually just don't trade at all. You have a good team as it is. Unless you get an offer you can't refuse then maybe it's best to stay pat.
bobcat73

Post by bobcat73 »

Good point he should not trade with me either. But I assumed he would not trust me after I just told him not to trust other people in a round about way. Since it would be just like a sneaky pete to tell the new guy to watch out for those other guys, but he can trust me. I even point out sometimes there are good offers to be had, he just wont know values yet.
However
I am playing the long con here and will send offer to him in 3 seasons time.
bobcat73

Post by bobcat73 »

pecker247 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:26 pm Unless you get an offer you can't refuse then maybe it's best to stay pat.
Thats what I was saying. He wont know the offer is to good to refuse because he does not know people give away top 5 picks around here for waiver wire players. SO by saying he will get a offer to good to pass up, it implies the normal structures of sim dynasty apply and we know that around here they do not.
pecker247

Post by pecker247 »

Where are these top 5 picks for waiver wire pick ups? I can't seem to find any that have happened in any time of recent history?
bobcat73

Post by bobcat73 »

You're right. Never happened in this league, on the recent history page. I must have been confused with the other league I am in that has "nearly" every trade protested.
pecker247

Post by pecker247 »

I am not saying it hasn't happened, but can you provide any proof of this?
pecker247

Post by pecker247 »

Just seems to be me that some owners are getting pretty worked up and exaggerating what is really going. You realize that my last trade protest was with ME giving away a top 5 player that I personally drafted for an unknown 1st rounder right? Yes there were other players I gave away, but that was the main piece. The player I gave away was at the same skills of Sid Landis on Chicago's team. That same Sid Landis that won a Cy young award. That same Sid Landis that I traded to Chicago. For reference I will put his player card below. The issue isn't the trades themselves because I can reference MANY lopsided trades that I wasn't involved with that no one saying anything about it. It's really about the owners. Some owners have made it their mission to target a few other owners. I am pretty vocal on the boards and speak my mind and sometimes that can get me in trouble.

http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id ... imps=stats
bobcat73

Post by bobcat73 »

Is this the deal you're talking about??

Trade #1562918 has been completed between the St. Louis Underdogs and the Los Angeles Metal Gods. The Los Angeles Metal Gods receive Raymond Rhoads, Pedro Loaiza from the St. Louis Underdogs in exchange for Draft Pick - 2042 Round 1 (LAN).

http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id=11898307

http://www.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id=12426826

This gem? Is this one of deals some group of owners got worked up about and singled you out over?

Trade #1567007 has been completed between the St. Louis Underdogs and the Milwaukee Gray Sox. The Milwaukee Gray Sox receive Dave Suarez, The Don Capellini, Draft Pick - 2042 Round 3 (STL) from the St. Louis Underdogs in exchange for Draft Pick - 2043 Round 1 (MIL).

Pecker let it go. Your claim that you are "targeted" by me or other owners or some group of owners is beyond the point of my post. I simply pointed out to the new guy he need to wait before trading with you and Bawston because its highly likely you guys are already trying to carve up his roster. If I was wrong you should have just let it go. Its pretty clear I was not wrong. Its pretty clear now that going back to the Landis deal (2032) and asking for examples was well... going to give me a reason to provide some examples. I could go grab the examples of Bawston doing the same thing but really there is no need. I might even find examples of other owners doing it. I only suggest to the new player he wait to trade with ANYONE. He has a club that will win lots of games as is.

Return to “Wally Berger League”