Conditional trade st bal

Discussions for the Ford Hernandez League.

Moderators: bostonhitz, swope81, coachcfb1

cheflonster

Conditional trade st bal

Post by cheflonster »

omment from BAL: and 2 years of 15 CP's can start whenever you like. And one of my conditionals. If any of the traded players makes the all star team or i make the playoffs prior to the 2nd rounders i will upgrade to a first. Afterwards for every 2 conditionals prior to the end of the 49 season i will send to you a first round DP. For every MVP or CYA you get a first. For every 1st team all star i will give you 15 cp's.
StriplingRz

Re: Conditional trade st bal

Post by StriplingRz »

chef, i posted a version of this in the CP Trades thread. you should go over there and record your agreement for perpetuity. :D
Jdredd73

Post by Jdredd73 »

Hard to see how we can allow conditional trades with no rules clearly in place. I voted against. Happy to reconsider if rules are clear.
StriplingRz

Post by StriplingRz »

We do have rules in place.

Only one CP trade allowed in a year (as discussed on another thread). And you can't trade picks or CP's beyond 4 years.

Beyond that I don't know what rules you could come up with. Besides, Chef is the only one who offers "conditional" trades. And I'm sure he'll send one your way at some point in the future.

Its kind of like playing the lottery. You can win, sure. But you can also lose your ass.
kitchenband

Post by kitchenband »

fun enough gamble but with revolving door of owners or chaps ..... who gonna keep track
swope81

Post by swope81 »

Jdredd73 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 9:01 am Hard to see how we can allow conditional trades with no rules clearly in place. I voted against. Happy to reconsider if rules are clear.

I do agree with this.

It has nothing to do with Chef or Strip. Both guys are long time, honest Owners.

But without rules in place, is it technically legal?

And how would you even write rules for that? And once the rules are figured out, how many 'Conditional Trades' should you be allowed per season?

Anyone have any ideas for how we should govern this kind of thing?
swope81

Post by swope81 »

kitchenband wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:47 am fun enough gamble but with revolving door of owners or chaps ..... who gonna keep track

Good point.
swope81

Post by swope81 »

StriplingRz wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:06 am

Its kind of like playing the lottery. You can win, sure. But you can also lose your ass.

You make a good point of why they are iffy at best.

We usually have trade complaints when a trade is clearly lopsided. So if you lost your ass, wouldn't that be considered a lopsided trade? And it's not like at that point it could be reversed.

Also, the Trade Vote thing is used a ton to protect new and inexperienced Owners. How do we protect them from getting abused in a 'Conditional Trade' that may not come to fruition for several season?

And I'm not even personally against Conditional Trades, I just feel it's something that we need a rule structure in place first.
StriplingRz

Post by StriplingRz »

You know I might agree that we need "rules" for this. Why the hell not, everyone needs more rules. But I'll just make this one point again and shut up.

Only one owner has made conditional trade offers. Are we seriously gonna take the time to build rules around one guy? If 5 folks were doing this, I'd agree its out of control and we need to legislate it. But this is overreach in my opinion. But again, I'll shut up.
Jdredd73

Post by Jdredd73 »

If you don't want to be bothered to come up with a complex rules system for 'one guy', then the easiest and simplest solution is just not to allow them.

I personally think that is probably best, because who wants to get in a debate about what was meant 10 seasons ago. Or keep track of it. Or have to explain to a new owner they inherited some conditional position?

If you want a rules system, then i think only one conditional position per time and X years and Y total extra picks/players but no idea what X and Y should be.

Return to “Ford Hernandez League”