Restless Fan Base

Discussions for the Ford Hernandez League.

Moderators: bostonhitz, swope81, coachcfb1

MidnightHurricane

Restless Fan Base

Post by MidnightHurricane »

the sports radio in Cincinnati is going crazy, the online universe is blowing up .. the Cincinnati fans are pressuring the new ownership to promote the 2 young star pitching prospects .. Big Show Billings and Baby Face Bonilla .. the baseball media is telling the fans both are ready .. the organization is trying to be patient, telling their fans the team isn't ready to win, and to bring the 2 stars up to the majors right now might not be the time ….

all joking aside .. I never had 2 young pitchers at the same time being ready to promote, how does it hurt their development, sharing mentorship from the other starters in the rotation? .. I have a 24 year old already in the rotation, so that would be 3 under 28, having no mentorship … any advice? .. and NO, I am not trading any of them lol .. both pitchers turned A- in the last few games
Spidermonkeys

Re: Restless Fan Base

Post by Spidermonkeys »

Welcome to the league!!! I think as long as you have one good mentor in you starting rotation you will be just fine but the young pitchers should develop a little more in the minors. I would leave them in the minors with 5cps each for another season or two unless you really need them to compete (or if you don't have the cps). Just what I am thinking other owner may have different opinions.
swope81

Post by swope81 »

Definitely leave them down another two years if you can. A lot of more your IC's in the majors will go to END rather than VEL/CON in the majors.
bostonhitz

Post by bostonhitz »

Lol love the post. Mentoring is not shared, try to have 1 A+ mentor or 2 guys with good mentoring for your young guys. 100% do not promote them until at least 23 OS. Especially with these minor settings there is no way to not keep them down. If you get pressured for having too many young guys I would trade them and try to develop a ML ready roster for them to be promoted into.
StriplingRz

Post by StriplingRz »

No way do you bring those guys up before OS23. Its tempting, but take it from someone playing this game for a long time... they simply won't develop in the majors as well at that age. The other thing to consider is why bring them up? You don't have the roster to compete. So I'd say build up a roster that is ready to compete around the same time they hit that age. The issue is you don't have a lot to offer to jump start that build. Macias is a great player to base a trade on. Other than that, you need to get some 24/25yo guys B/B+ playing as soon as possible so they get improves. Yeah, you'll lose, but you can draft higher in the mean time. Anyway, thats my advice, take it or leave it. Welcome to the league and good luck!
bostonhitz

Post by bostonhitz »

StriplingRz wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:04 am No way do you bring those guys up before OS23. Its tempting, but take it from someone playing this game for a long time... they simply won't develop in the majors as well at that age. The other thing to consider is why bring them up? You don't have the roster to compete. So I'd say build up a roster that is ready to compete around the same time they hit that age. The issue is you don't have a lot to offer to jump start that build. Macias is a great player to base a trade on. Other than that, you need to get some 24/25yo guys B/B+ playing as soon as possible so they get improves. Yeah, you'll lose, but you can draft higher in the mean time. Anyway, thats my advice, take it or leave it. Welcome to the league and good luck!
Totally agree with this and love the trade idea. In a rebuild like that you absolutely NEED 24/25 B/B+ guys to give CPs to develop into decent Major Leaguers. You lose absolutely nothing and gain everything giving CPs to those guys rather than tanking with 38 year old B- dopes. These will be your "vets" to keep around - guys like Eduardo Nunez or a Brett Gardner, then in the draft target studs, once the studs hit 25/26 the vets will be 30/31 then you trade future assets to round out your roster.

Yikes just gave a bit too much of advice there :shock:
FrosteeTBear

Post by FrosteeTBear »

bostonhitz wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:28 pm
StriplingRz wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:04 am No way do you bring those guys up before OS23. Its tempting, but take it from someone playing this game for a long time... they simply won't develop in the majors as well at that age. The other thing to consider is why bring them up? You don't have the roster to compete. So I'd say build up a roster that is ready to compete around the same time they hit that age. The issue is you don't have a lot to offer to jump start that build. Macias is a great player to base a trade on. Other than that, you need to get some 24/25yo guys B/B+ playing as soon as possible so they get improves. Yeah, you'll lose, but you can draft higher in the mean time. Anyway, thats my advice, take it or leave it. Welcome to the league and good luck!
Totally agree with this and love the trade idea. In a rebuild like that you absolutely NEED 24/25 B/B+ guys to give CPs to develop into decent Major Leaguers. You lose absolutely nothing and gain everything giving CPs to those guys rather than tanking with 38 year old B- dopes. These will be your "vets" to keep around - guys like Eduardo Nunez or a Brett Gardner, then in the draft target studs, once the studs hit 25/26 the vets will be 30/31 then you trade future assets to round out your roster.

Frankie--you are a genius--LOL
bostonhitz

Post by bostonhitz »

FrosteeTBear wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:16 am
bostonhitz wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:28 pm

Frankie--you are a genius--LOL
You said it not me :D

Return to “Ford Hernandez League”