Draft question

Discussions for the Jim Brown Football League.
docstop

Draft question

Post by docstop » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:02 pm

Draft question. My number one pick was Carlos Miller , a junior linebacker with pretty good ratings BUT it turns out that he has D- execution.
Was this pick a blunder on my part? And how would I ever know if he is playing well or not? Can his execution improve to any decent level?

HumYai

Re: Draft question

Post by HumYai » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:09 pm

He has an A+ in aggression and that is what is drawn from to enhance attitude and execution if you train using the D. He also has an A+ in potential. Potential + attitude is factored in how well he trains. If trained under D, with any luck as his attitude improves his converting improvements will improve also.

I would watch the improvements if he improves then keep chugging. if he is not converting ANY he might be a bust. Although, even with a D- in attitude, his other attributes are likely better than anything you could find on the wire. I would have to be desperate for roster space and even then, I would have a difficult time letting him go.

docstop

Post by docstop » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:38 pm

Thanks. I'll keep an eye on his improvements.

HumYai

Post by HumYai » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:34 pm

as a very general rule and assuming one has not done a lot of adjusting to draft criteria: If a player has a lot of red letters yet rated lower in the draft than players with less red lettering, the better chance ?'s and L's are on the lower side of their value. Personally. I never adjust the draft criteria so I get the best look at where these ? and L's might fall. I'd rather take the time to adjust rankings after putting my own value assessment on the unknowns.

Just my thinking: The above does not necessarily mean I skip that sort of player. I did not look much at the top 20 of this draft as I did not have a pick until the late '20s, but in this particular draft, the player you chose could have very well been my choice also. This season was the worst selection of talent I have seen in quite some time, so next year will be a better example for you to judge from.

HumYai

Post by HumYai » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:41 pm

Sorry for talking so much. Except for a few meetings, I am on a break. I will be less of a chatterbox when I return to the hospital at the beginning of Feb.

Return to “Jim Brown Football League”