NEW DISCOVERY

Discussions for the Jim Brown Football League.
HumYai

NEW DISCOVERY

Post by HumYai »

Unsure how long it has been this way, but I just discovered a commissioner or co-commissioner now has the ability to adjust line-ups in unowned teams.

Why is this a big deal? Well if I am playing Buffalo (unowned team) I can go in and take all there best players out of the line-up and even place them inactive should I choose. An unfair advantage? you betcha! Let's go a step further and say my rival is playing buffalo, I can again reset the line-up to what I think will best defeat my rival.

Now, I am not going to do such things, but I like to make everyone aware so if my ethics do begin to meander, you know how to spot it.

Another reason is some of you play in multiple leagues and while I am not claiming anyone specific with commissioner powers might do such a thing, you are aware of the possibilities that can exist.
docstop

Re: NEW DISCOVERY

Post by docstop »

Thank you for this post. We had another "ethics" issue come up a few posts ago, so I take this stuff seriously.
We all play to win and have fun. But cooking the books is not the way to go about it.
lordlau1

Post by lordlau1 »

I see why the setting would be that way, but can also see the potential for abuse.

Thanks.
HumYai

Post by HumYai »

If I had my way the ability to do so would only be in the preseason. There is just no way to fairly make adjustments during a season - one team is always going to or feel like they came out on the wrong end. If adjustments are to be made in a season, they should be made by someone with no horse in the race or computer-driven and done automatically.

Return to “Jim Brown Football League”