Another wasted year

Discussions for the Jim Brown Football League.
Goodison

Another wasted year

Post by Goodison »

I’m declaring the Calgary Royals as the best team that hasn’t won a super bowl over this last decade. Another year of disappointment.

Congrats to Memphis on the win. That 3rd quarter was hard to watch and you shut down my passing game.

Should be an interesting final especially given some key injuries to both teams. I think I said San Diego had an “average” roster earlier in the year. :roll:
mjlee555

Re: Another wasted year

Post by mjlee555 »

I was really not expecting to beat you. Your roster is awesome.

I had a similar experience in Sim Baseball....great team, couldn't even get to the World Series. I think I eventually won one or two Rings. You should have several more opportunities. You are still pretty young.
docstop

Post by docstop »

I'll vouch for Mike's baseball team. (We're in the same league). He had a monster team that would win the pennant by 15 games each year, and then poop out in the playoffs. Ended up winning one in the end, though!
Those playoffs are a real crap shoot.
Sherwin241

Post by Sherwin241 »

Goodison wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:12 pm I think I said San Diego had an “average” roster earlier in the year.
Average would have been a dramatic improvement over the slop SD showed on the field today.
Goodison

Post by Goodison »

Could have been a Cinderella story for San Diego
irishman35

Post by irishman35 »

I dont know about the last decade for you... I've had the Hitman 8 seasons. 75-37 record. (68-28 if you take away the year i started 1-5 and finished 7-9). I've had 2 10-6 seasons where I didn't even make playoffs. Split division titles with Memphis 4 to 4. Yet my record in playoffs is 1 and 4 and only 1 Super Bowl appearance.
Calgary has been better last 3 ish seasons. Over last decade though... not so sure.
Goodison

Post by Goodison »

Since you’ve taken over Detroit my regular season record is 78-34 to your 75-37. Both have only made one super bowl appearance, with limited playoff success otherwise.

Overdue for a win we both are, but this year is mine.

Return to “Jim Brown Football League”