Discussions for the Carl Dunn League.
reddogs

NL NY team abandoned?

Post by reddogs »

He has not been on line for 3 weeks. :(
MNRebel

Re: NL NY team abandoned?

Post by MNRebel »

Yes. He posted that he was leaving on the Board but the team was auto-renewed for some reason. Ballmark was going to take over but apparently all is on hold as the team is not on the available for sale list.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

The team is now available on the replacement list.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

...aaaaannnnnndddddd here I am!!

Brad told me about Pete's leaving some time ago and I've been waiting for the vacancy to officially open up. I don't really need another team to manage, (now own 7, chaperone 2, plus the 24 Team Beta League) but like the rest of you, I loved Carl Dunn and all the help he'd given me when I was in this league previously, for two 15 season stints (I think, this *is* the old BBL, yes? Or is it the old MML? I played in both). Carl did his annual team analysis and I wrote a thing called the "Rookie Report" (for the MML) and we compared notes on many statistical issues and game engine questions.

So I am here in honor of Carl's memory. Long may it wave!

Give me a day or so to get up to speed (I see your trade offer, Oakland). Next season I will be renaming the franchise the "New York Littles" in honor of departed fentuzler47, who was also a legend in his own time and I feel like a toddler stepping into Dad's shoes. The season after that? We'll see.

-- Mark (ballmark)
MNRebel

Post by MNRebel »

That took awhile. Very good to have you finally in the CDL! This is a combination of the Brett Butler and the Jesse Burkett leagues...Carl was a founder of both. It was an easy call for us to create the Carl Dunn League!
reddogs

Post by reddogs »

WELCOME :D :D :D :D
Lyrici17

Post by Lyrici17 »

Welcome!
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

Thanks for the warm welcome, troops.

I have several trade offers on my desk and I must admire your reach because you're all asking for my first round pick and my elite young players and prospects.

Given the state of the roster, I think it would be prudent at this early juncture to just hang on to those goodies.

But you can get the low hanging fruit without giving up a first round pick or one of your top five prospects. I have five players still in the red letters but on their last legs that are bound to help a team with eyes on the playoffs or to serve as a top Mentor (well, all but one). I'll even add a couple of my younger prospects not getting enough CP love if you pay a little more. All these older players will be outstanding this season and great off the bench next year. If you give them enough playing time to not retire, anyway.

Check out your Trade Desk page.

At this time, I will not trade:
OF Ryan Murphy
C Keefe Kress
3b Tom Orth
SS Kelly Eckhardt
SS Dante Donnelly
C Clay Hoblitzel

Anybody else could be had in the right deal.

Return to “Carl Dunn League”