Winning streak!

Discussions for the Carl Dunn League.
MNRebel

Winning streak!

Post by MNRebel »

What is the record for consecutive wins? And how do you put a jinx on the NY Navigators? :D
femgo

Re: Winning streak!

Post by femgo »

16! Wow. It is impossible to defeat New York right now. (jynx attempt)
reddogs

Post by reddogs »

The easy way to diccombobulate a Navigator is to force him to fly through the Bermuda Triangle. That always gets them :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?!
MNRebel

Post by MNRebel »

The Minnesota Mavericks announce that the remaining two games of the current home series against the red hot New York Navigators have been moved. The Mavericks will try anything to beat the streak and will be known as the Bermuda Discombobulaters. :D
Paladin1

Post by Paladin1 »

Go figure, 17 wins in a row and Seattle is STILL 3 games up on us - what will it take to get past them?

This team has perplexed me over the seasons. Good enough to dominate but never has - only one title. True, it has faced other great teams but I do not think it has held its own. Now I get this streak and think it has finally arrived but I doubt it. The team is just as capable of running off 10 consecutive losses after this one is over.

I am certainly enjoying it though - won't complain. I think the Navigator record is at least 21 games dating back to the Bret Butler league and I think that was in the 1950s.

If we can win this current series with Minny, I will be happy.
Paladin1

Post by Paladin1 »

there you go - Minnesota ended it at 18 when my awesome relief staff :roll: surrendered a 4-0 9th inning lead. :mrgreen:
Frunobulax

Post by Frunobulax »

MNRebel wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:19 pm What is the record for consecutive wins? And how do you put a jinx on the NY Navigators? :D
I managed 27 consecutive wins just a few weeks ago, in the Orlando Cepeda league. Minors (AAA) though.
MNRebel

Post by MNRebel »

Way back in the Billy Williams League my Kansas City Cowboys went undefeated for the month of August! I think it ended at a 31 game winning streak...for sure the highlight of my SimD career.
Paladin1

Post by Paladin1 »

Well, I was close in my prediction, this team followed an 18-game winning streak with and 8-game losing streak (I thought it would be 10). :(
MNRebel

Post by MNRebel »

That is crazy!

Return to “Carl Dunn League”