New York Navigators!

Discussions for the Carl Dunn League.
MNRebel

New York Navigators!

Post by MNRebel »

Congrats to Paladin and the Navs on the 1st ever CDL championship! From the brink of elimination to a 7 game post-season win streak...well played sir. Great October baseball by all the teams involved!!
alanneff317

Re: New York Navigators!

Post by alanneff317 »

From one league to another the Navigators are the cream of the crop. Congrats and well done. It is a tough competition with 24 team league. Congrats on being the inaugural champion. Congrats to all playoff teams!
Owenatkinson

Post by Owenatkinson »

congrats! Glad to see those old Skipjacks get a ring!
Minions

Post by Minions »

Yeah, just a little bitter about this one. I have suffered a few of these "up 3 to 1" series defeats lately. Glad to see at least the team I lost to won it all, but still, Boston will have an offseason of wondering "what if...".

Good luck everyone tonight.
femgo

Post by femgo »

Congrats Paladin, great job.
Lyrici17

Post by Lyrici17 »

Congrats!
Paladin1

Post by Paladin1 »

Hi all, sorry it took so long to reply but I could not login to the message board for quite some time.

Thanks for the kudos.

I am a little stunned to have won the world series. Both Seattle and Toronto have kicked my butt over the past few seasons and this year was no different so I did not expect to beat Seattle in the least.

Beating Boston in the ALCS was amazing after being down 3-1 then absolutely everything went the Nav's way in the WS against the NL champs St. Louis. So, go figure.

The other thing I am surprised about is the AL MVP. I understand the award is heavily weighed to the regular season league champs but the Navs Randy Suppan put up a dominant season. In fact he won the AL Triple crown and just missed the ML triple crown by 3 1000ths - .328 to .325. But can't really complain after the upset win in the WS.

Here is a tip of the hat to Carl and a feeling of honor to have won the first title in a league named for him - awesome!!!

Look forward to the draft. Good luck to all.
SIRKERRETH

Post by SIRKERRETH »

Congratulations on a special season. You certainly took it to the next level. With the competition in the new league, next season should be just as great! What a great way to honor Carl Dunn and his enthusiasm for the game. Congrats again and good luck to everyone next season. KW
Lyrici17

Post by Lyrici17 »

In regards to the MVP question, I was shocked as well. If it makes you feel any better, scrutinizing the MVP equation, Elmore topped Suppan for mostly the following reasons:

SS vs 2B bonus
Team Wins bonus (Plus Seattle won the division, NY being 10+ games back, and NY being 3rd in the division)

It certainly helped that Elmore had a very good season himself.
Paladin1

Post by Paladin1 »

Thanks for the clarification!

Return to “Carl Dunn League”