Another Illegal Trade - Ikaika and Fredbirds

Discussions for the Orlando Cepeda League (Majors).

Moderator: CaseyStengel

CaseyStengel

Another Illegal Trade - Ikaika and Fredbirds

Post by CaseyStengel »

4/1/2206 - Trade #1598331 has been completed between the Oakland Ikaika and the Houston Fredbirds. The Houston Fredbirds receive Draft Pick - 2207 Round 2 (OAK) from the Oakland Ikaika in exchange for Kuniyasu Harada.
Why, may I ask, did you make this trade BEFORE the first game of the 2206 season? Haven't you read the League Rules concerning trading during the blackout?

Please reverse this trade immediately and, as a penalty for jumping the gun, wait 24 human hours before making any trade again. The 24 hours begins as soon as the trade is reversed.

By the way, there is nothing wrong with making this trade, only the timing of the trade.

Casey
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Another Illegal Trade - Ikaika and Fredbirds

Post by Admin »

I really need to code this in, it shouldn't be hard.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
PhillyDynasty

Post by PhillyDynasty »

Admin wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:02 pm I really need to code this in, it shouldn't be hard.

Chris
That would be helpful if possible. It's damn hard to remember for those of my in multiple leagues. And that makes things a pain for Casey, which I feel bad about.
Tagomatic100

Post by Tagomatic100 »

Out of Curiosity,
why is there a rule to wait until after the first game?
CaseyStengel

Post by CaseyStengel »

The reason for the rule is to avoid conflicts and having the Admin manually reverse the trade if the trade is protested as an unfair trade and one of the teams making trade is relegated to another league.

It is easier to determine when a trade was made if trades can only occur after the 1st game of the new season.

Casey
heinerkin

Post by heinerkin »

Casey,

I don't have internet access at work, at least not access I can use for playing games. And I'm not allowed to carry my phone. So I have to make offers before the season starts, because I'm on my way to work by then, and I have to hope my trade partner knows the rules and not accept until after game 1 runs.

What also happens is that I miss out on opportunities to counter trades in those first six games of the season, because I'm at work, and by the time I get to look at my trade desk, the best pieces have moved. Trading for an old minor leaguer is usually the best I can hope for. I'm amazed that I ever won a OCL ML title.

Return to “Orlando Cepeda League (Majors)”