AL WEST

Discussions for the Orlando Cepeda League (Majors).

Moderator: CaseyStengel

gatkeri

AL WEST

Post by gatkeri »

3-way tie for first and 4-way tie for 2 wild card spots(one of them is AL West winner). How does ABE decide this??
spyboy1306

Re: AL WEST

Post by spyboy1306 »

From the game guide
Playoffs
At the end of the 162-game season, the top two teams from each league will advance to the playoffs. There will be a seven game League Championship Series, with the winners advancing to the World Series. The team with the better record will have home field advantage. In the unlikely scenario of a three team tie for the division lead, each team will play the other two teams once. If the teams then proceed to split the 3 tiebreaker games 1-1, we will use in-season head-to-head record to break the tie. If the head-to-head record is a tie, a coin flip is used.
Not sure how Boston is resolved though
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I think I am going to have to sort this by hand. Working on it now.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Here's what I need to do:

Run a 3 way tiebreaker for the AL West.

Run another 3 way tiebreaker for the wildcard spot.

Working on it now.

Chris
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I think it is all straight now. LA won the first tiebreaker. The teams split the second but Boston wins the head to head.

Is it just me or are AAA and AA a week behind the majors? Do I need to pause the majors till they catch up? They all need to hit the OS at the same time.

Chris
Panele

Post by Panele »

Hi,
thanks for getting this done...

But shouldn`t my Orioles (3) travel to L.A. (2)?!
heinerkin

Post by heinerkin »

I think we broke ABE. It was our fault!
heinerkin

Post by heinerkin »

Chris,

AAA and AA are only 16 team leagues, so they don't have the extra round of playoffs. In the OCL Majors, we play three extra games on Wednesdays so we can have the extra day for playoffs.

Return to “Orlando Cepeda League (Majors)”