Criteria for #1 seed, NL

Discussions for the Orlando Cepeda League (Majors).

Moderator: CaseyStengel

loonatic

Criteria for #1 seed, NL

Post by loonatic »

Does anyone know the tiebreaker rules for the #1 seed in a 24-team league? Cincinnati and Houston finished with identical records, and split their season series 6 games each. It looks like Cincinnati was awarded the #1 seed, not sure how it was decided.
gatkeri

Re: Criteria for #1 seed, NL

Post by gatkeri »

Season series was even 6 to 6(although that may not be the decider). So it probably was a coin flip, i guess.
loonatic

Post by loonatic »

That's what I thought.

Also, how is it possible that Vito Gazella is going to win the NL MVP award, made all his starts (130) at shortstop, but is only 5th among NL shortstops in all-star votes? Strange stuff.
gatkeri

Post by gatkeri »

He got a lot of points from HOU winning the division by 8 games, according to the MVP formula. Other than BA, his numbers were very ordinary.
ttreese

Post by ttreese »

gatkeri wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:15 amSeason series was even 6 to 6(although that may not be the decider). So it probably was a coin flip, i guess.
Had to be a coin flip as we were tied 6-6 in regular season. Thought maybe the RS vs RA would be tiebreaker but clearly it wasn't as we were outscored slightly in regular season in heads up games.

Return to “Orlando Cepeda League (Majors)”