Contract the AA?

Discussions for the Orlando Cepeda League (AAA).

Moderator: CaseyStengel

heinerkin

Contract the AA?

Post by heinerkin »

Hey y'all,

Just back up from the AA, and I was basically able to coast to 104 wins. Most of the teams down there have not been actively managed in months. I propose that the AAA be expanded to 24 teams to accommodate the four teams there that are being managed (likely the ones that have just been relegated). This would eliminate the need for the three extra games every Wednesday to keep the Majors and Minors in sync. And it would make the AAA more exciting, because to be promoted, you would have to win in the first round of the playoffs! What do you all think of this idea?
CaseyStengel

Re: Contract the AA?

Post by CaseyStengel »

I have requested this change at the end of each season for the past few months... so far nothing has happened... so I try to set the abandoned teams lineups in an attempt to keep them competitive and prospective owners would be tempted to buy a team.

Casey
gatkeri

Post by gatkeri »

Excellent idea! AA is the pits!
Therk

Post by Therk »

Something like that should be done. It is almost worthless playing in a league that the majority of teams are not active.
FourSixThree

Post by FourSixThree »

Couldn't agree more - there are three active teams left in AA. There are teams that haven;\'t been managed with all of the pitching talent in the league because they consistently finish low enough to suck up the draft picks. At one point this season the number one team in the AL hadn;'t had their manager stop by in 60 day but that was far better than the NL who manager hadn't been on since 2017. I dropped into AA this year and if the three managed teams are going to just play against unmanaged messes, its probably time to finally give up on Sim Dynasty after many years of playing.
FourSixThree

Post by FourSixThree »

OK, down for a season into AA that only has three actively managed teams. Back up to AAA and look into league info to find that there are currently two teams not manged in this league. As the unmanaged teams drift down to obscurity we are facing the prospect of AA having to promote unmanaged teams and relegate managed teams just to comply with the league rules. Really time to contract because if it stays this way I plan on quitting next time I am unlucky enough to be relegated and replaced in AAA by an unmanaged team.

Return to “Orlando Cepeda League (AAA)”