ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?

Discussions for the Orlando Cepeda League (AAA).

Moderator: CaseyStengel

Brutalkid

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?

Post by Brutalkid »

The NFL's pre season has started. So I thought it would be a good time to advertise that the Marcus Allen Football League is in need of a few owners.

The Marcus Allen Football League is a 32 team league which makes it very similar to the NFL in many ways. We have a lot of quality owners.

Please consider taking a team in the Marcus Allen Football League and give the Football portion of Sim D a try.

Thanks, BK
fentuzler47

Re: ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?

Post by fentuzler47 »

I've tried SD football twice. The first time only lasted about 4 seasons because I didn't have the time to keep up with it, but when I tried it again I stuck around for about 20 seasons. It's a fun game if you have the time to commit to it, but the one thing I could never seem to figure out is....how to make a good team! There must be some formula the veteran owners use to get the best out of their players and unfortunately I have no idea what that formula is. Time and time again I would see teams full of B+ overall guys, many of them playing out of position, winning the Super Bowl while my team full of A and A- overall guys struggle to stay above .500. And forget about winning in the playoffs. Veteran owners know exactly how to identify and attack your weaknesses.

Not sure what the point of this is other than to say SD Football is much more hands-on and centered around daily tailoring of the gameplan and player manipulation, as opposed to Baseball which is set-it-and-forget-it and centered around player development. Overall player grades matter very little in SD Football and it's frustrating as hell for veteran Baseball players like myself.
jthurm2

Re: ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?

Post by jthurm2 »

I've considered trying it. Doing so would force me to drop a baseball team or two. Not sure I would want to do that just yet.

Do they have trial leagues?

Return to “Orlando Cepeda League (AAA)”