Great World Series, Hermit Crabs!

Discussions for the Orlando Cepeda League (AAA).

Moderator: CaseyStengel

Kayarayak

Great World Series, Hermit Crabs!

Post by Kayarayak »

When you crushed us in the first game, I thought we were done for. Fortunately we got some great pitching and a few lucky bounces. See you in the major leagues!
Nomar Garciaparra League - Montreal Canucks
Wally Berger League - Milwaukee Gray Sox
Orlando Cepeda League - Blaze
Albert Pujols League - Montreal Expos
Ted Williams League - Washington Greys
Eric1546

Re: Great World Series, Hermit Crabs!

Post by Eric1546 »

Great playoffs! Knights and Wolves were right there as well. My Hermit Crabs were perhaps overconfident going into Game 3 of the World Series with a 2-0 lead. This felt like the turning point of the series late in Game 3:

The Hermit Crabs score three runs in the final two innings to force extra innings, including a game tying solo HR in the 9th. Top of the 11th, the catcher singles. The SS walks. My relief pitcher is due up so is lifted for a pinch hitter, and the slow catcher on 2nd is lifted for a pinch runner. The pinch hitter grounds out but advances the runners, so my speedy pinch runner is on 3rd and the SS stands on 2nd. The NL MVP is due up next. The Blaze closer has now gone 2 and 2/3 innings and is replaced at the first sign of fatigue. Everything has gone the right way for the Hermit Crabs in the Series so far.

Pinch runner is picked of third (why would he take any sort of lead?). The NL MVP then singles to left, but does not drive the run in from 2nd base (to be fair the SS is only middling fast). The NL MVP tries to steal (in a tie game with two outs and a man on 3rd?) and is caught to end the top of the 11th. Hermit Crabs do not score again that game, which ends in the 14th with a walk off HR by the Blaze. Then we lose the next three games. Series over, congrats to the Blaze.

Ah well, I guess that's baseball. Good luck next year!

Return to “Orlando Cepeda League (AAA)”