And the World Series participants are

Discussions for the Goose Goslin League.

Moderator: ballmark

abarkov

And the World Series participants are

Post by abarkov »

Congrats to Los Angeles and Detroit on your playoff victories. Good luck to you both in the World Series.
Cleveland Frowns - Pete Rose League
Milwaukee Mad Cows - Goose Goslin League
Pittsburgh Poofy Puffs - Ralph Kiner League
Boston Beanitos - Tim Raines League
Detroit Crankshafts - Ken Griffey Jr League
Damien435

Re: And the World Series participants are

Post by Damien435 »

Two very surprisingly underwhelming conference series, too. Good luck to tomorrow's contestants!
dabigtrain

Post by dabigtrain »

Congrats to Detroit. My codebits were overmatched (.221 average? 9 runs in five games? Sheeesh....).
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

Honestly, I'm just grateful.

I've had some very long days - another late meeting tonight (in about half an hour) and the ALCS just totally slipped away from me so it happened without my tweaking any settings or changing any lineups or pitching rotations or anything.

Thank ABE for Charlie Lolich and Alex Vickers and the rest of the Diamonds pitching staff, and for a bunch of banjo hitters. No Detroit homers, but 10 stolen bases and .706 OPS with a .277 team BA.

I won't get home until late tonight, but I'll make an effort to get things set up for Pearly.

A win would be nice tomorrow because, y'know, it's my birthday.
bpearly69

Post by bpearly69 »

The BIRTHDAY CARD!?!?! IM SCREWED LOL! Honestly though it's gonna be pretty fun facing off against one of my Best Sim friends and good man tomorrow, Good luck to you Mark! I can't remember the last time or if theres been a time we've faced in the world series, I'm sure there has
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

Game 3 was interesting with both CF making critical 2-base errors that allowed runs late in the game.

Then along comes Game 5 when Detroit couldn't put the Series away because we were down to using the chaff at the back end of our bullpen in a 12-inning tilt.

So we are now at Game 6 with the Diamonds holding a 3-2 edge but we all know ABE loves to pull upsets and the Series is moving back to LA where the Youngstuds will have home field advantage in a rematch of Game 2 SP.

Return to “Goose Goslin League”