Working on Best/Worst

Discussions for the Goose Goslin League.

Moderator: ballmark

ballmark

Working on Best/Worst

Post by ballmark »

So I've been rebuilding the Best/Worst data of all the GGL franchises and right now I'm rebuilding each team's history and while it's a chore, for sure, it's also really kind of fascinating to dig out all the old franchise names and owners.

It involves pulling up Individual player stats from each franchise throughout the decades and looking at the transaction history at the bottom of the player cards. I'm only five teams in, but during their early years - for example - the Baltimore team was the Breeze, Steam, Mist, Steam (again), and Blizzard. Then ownership settled down over the next four decades.

For the semi-historian in me, it's fascinating stuff!
daytonjake

Re: Working on Best/Worst

Post by daytonjake »

Thanks Ballmark
abarkov

Post by abarkov »

Thanks you, Mark!
Cleveland Frowns - Pete Rose League
Milwaukee Mad Cows - Goose Goslin League
Pittsburgh Poofy Puffs - Ralph Kiner League
Boston Beanitos - Tim Raines League
Detroit Crankshafts - Ken Griffey Jr League
ballmark

Post by ballmark »

I'm down to just San Diego, St. Louis, and Washington left to research.

It's been a joyride, fellas.

When I finally post it, I'm going to change the format just a little, I think. I'll post the history of the franchise with all the name changes and relocations, of course, along with the current owner info. But I'm also going to add some personal commentary here and there and rather than bother with each previous owner's best and worst effort, which can bog down the post in minutiae, I'm just going to post the current owner's best and worst effort along with the franchise's best and worst record.

I'm also going to show the owner who had the longest tenure with a franchise.

I figure this way each of us will have something to shoot for (or avoid).

I created a log to track all of this so I have each previous owner's best and worst effort so if you really want to know for your team, just send up a flare and I can get that to you.

-- Mark

Return to “Goose Goslin League”