WHO IS YOUR TEAM....

Discussions for the Ralph Kiner League.
lyle

WHO IS YOUR TEAM....

Post by lyle »

Lets start breaking in the new message boards. With nearly half the league relatively new here, lets try and start to get to know each other a bit. Name your favorite team....

Brewers. I'm from and live in Wisconsin. Brewers are my MLB team but I live closer to and follow more closely the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers, the Brewers single A team.
Last edited by lyle on Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
abarkov

Re: At least one word....

Post by abarkov »

I grew up in North Central Ohio and live in Columbus now. The Indians are my team and I was sorely disappointed with their post season performance this year.
Cleveland Frowns - Pete Rose League
Milwaukee Mad Cows - Goose Goslin League
Pittsburgh Poofy Puffs - Ralph Kiner League
Boston Beanitos - Tim Raines League
Detroit Crankshafts - Ken Griffey Jr League
1950srobot

Re: WHO IS YOUR TEAM....

Post by 1950srobot »

I live in Virginia, with two baseball teams that I don't really consider "local," Nationals and Orioles. Grew up with the Orioles but for some weird reason I just didn't have affection. I do like Buck Showalter in recent years, but I just feel nothing for the franchise.

The Nationals feel too generic and lacking in all the departments required to win Championships, from the ownership on down. Their star, Harper, is a masterpiece of overratedness, and he encompasses everything wrong with the franchise at an atomic level.

As a young man, just starting to appreciate baseball, I really dug the Blue Jays two Championship teams in the '90s. I tied some actual fanship to the Mariners for a chunk of the mid-'90s, as I had this thing about "finding" lost franchise losers as "my" teams. The Mariners were a hot mess until Sweet Lou Pinella came in and created a winner. But the season the Mariners won the most games in MLB regular-season history and were promptly dismissed by the Yankees, the reality of Yank dominance left a terrible taste. And then the HGH issues invalidated the superhuman efforts of some Not-Hall-of-Famers and I bailed on baseball for a while after that. Yanks + drugs and sleazy players = eject button.

These days, I love baseball as a sport with serious problems and more black eyes than should be allowed. I hope for the underdog franchises--Brewers, Pirates, Royals, ect--to gain respectability. I usually identify with a player here or there, like Mark Trumbo or Khris Davis, who fits that slugger archetype that I love.

All this to say, I WISH I had the homegrown team affinity that true team supporters have.
SIRKERRETH

Post by SIRKERRETH »

I grew up with a Grandfather who taught me to love baseball and tried to create another Dodgers fan. That didn't take, but the "Hate the Yankees" did. LoL I've been a Red Sox fan since my baby sister was born in '67. Of couse, Yaz was my hero! I grew up in Arizona, so just spring training games, until the D-Backs. Now they are #2, I saw Sammy Sosa hit a HR there, the season the D-Backs beat the Yankees in the WS. A truly great day. KW
compton10101010

Post by compton10101010 »

COMPTON reprasentz iz all south central..............atho COMPTON haz backed da english D fo a min.................COMPTON
PHSbaseball24

Post by PHSbaseball24 »

Originally from outside of DC. I was a Yankees fan when I was younger since my family hated the O’s and my best friends family just happens to be from Buffalo NY. That all Changed in 2005 when we finally got a home team. Die hard Bats fan ever since that step foot into the city. So I will have to respectfully disagree with every said about the franchise ad Bryce Harper, but that is why we love baseball. You can critize it, and then you realize you are criticizing a sport where failure is success. Currently residing in Ohio since I graduated college last may... good to hear everyone’s story

Return to “Ralph Kiner League”