Super Prospect Debut, a legend begins

Discussions for the Ralph Kiner League.
PHSbaseball24

Super Prospect Debut, a legend begins

Post by PHSbaseball24 »

Last night Leañders Brickelll made his long awaited debut for the Triceratops. For those not familiar the 21 year old has been Toronto’s #1 prospect since the day he was drafted 3rd overall in 2021, and he has arguably been the #1 Bat in all the minor leagues since then as well. When he got the call on the night of the April 17th it was nothing but pure emotion said the young man,

“This game is my life, this is the highest level, all I’ve ever wanted to do is be here and prove to everyone exactly why I deserve to be here.”

Brickell started at 1st and hit third against Kansas City last night. His debut didn’t start off as he had hoped going 0-3 with a BB in his first 4 major league plate appearance. As fate would have it the Eggman would rally in the 7th inning, eventually forcing extra innings.

In the bottom of the 10th the young man stepped up to the plate against the Eggman Closer Guy Fowlkes. Brickell took a 92 MPH heater up to bring the count to 1-0, the pitch would help cement the new legacy that could be starting in Toronto. We leave you with the call from TSN Play by Play Jake S. Guy ~ “We know Fowlkes isn’t scared to throw his devastating breaking ball regardless of the count. The 21 year Rookie swinging from the left side for only the second time tonight, he adjusts his gloves and looks at the barrel of his bat. He steps in now, Fowlkes comes to set, now he moves to the plate...... THAT BALLS TORCHED TO RIGHT CENTER, THE RIGHTFEILDER IS LOOKING UP, THAT BALL IS GONE NEVER TO RETURN!!! The rookie has sent these fans home happy with his first MLB hit and HR. They mob the young man at the plate!!

In his post game interview, after being drenched by the Gatorade shower Brickell stared, “This is the best night of my life, having my family here to witness. Toronto, we are just getting started .”

http://www.simdynasty.com/boxscore.jsp? ... d=37326012
SIRKERRETH

Re: Super Prospect Debut, a legend begins

Post by SIRKERRETH »

That's a great story and the legend will grow. He got off to a awesome start, but has come back to earth or lower. Sorry. LoL His best days are ahead of him, along with the rest of your team. Great job of putting the team together, but don't get impatient. Enjoy this part of the rebuild, your job's almost done and you get to watch all your pieces grow together. KW

Return to “Ralph Kiner League”