full disclosure

Discussions for the Kirby Puckett League.
jbuss9999

full disclosure

Post by jbuss9999 »

First let me start by saying that I did not know that you had to disclose real life relationships on this site, just like when you buy a car or house...who the heck reads all the rules and parts of a contract. And when Boston joined the league I only knew him through knowing his cousin and not knowing him. His cousin and I worked together and he tried a few trial leagues and I was putting out feelers to him and others i knew trying to get him to join the league. His cousin david said he didnt have the time but had a cousin who loves sports and would probably be interested. Hence boston is in the league now for many seasons. We later did begin working together, again through the cousin David. Later after trying and trying to fill the league we had tried for months to get Baltimore to join the league. He finally decided to and even tried like everything to get his brother to take either cincy or ny to try to kill having so many bots, which make teams that after a few drafts usually no one wants that team. Again I did not know that knowing some one was a league/site rule and frankly thought it was no ones business. I also knew an owner of many seasons ago that ran the philly team and then he moved them to cincy while we are on the subject. But after reading the post this morning I decided to post this message.

I am already hated enough in this league for some reason and for that reason alone im sure there are people who will be up in arms about this and say we are cheating. There was never any intent to cheat or stack one team. Some here will prob point out the fact that trades involving 1st rounders have happened alot. Look at the past offers, I try to get everyones first, I like trading and so do the other 2 gentlemen. The previous cincy owner gave me what became 2 1st overall picks in a row in a deal and that was never a problem. All deals we have made were completely on the up and up despite what anyone says. Boston has been trtying to contend for a while and was always using his 1sts to get veterans to compete. He has accomplished his goal....these last 2 seasons he is a real contender and can be for a while. I put of championships a few seasons ago to build what i hope can be a dynasty. Baltimore gave up some nice pieces but has done a nice job of putting together what will be a really good team in a few seasons. I can point out trades that others have made even with us 3 that dont involve us 3 that im sure people didnt like, but i am not going to do that. I am just glad to have some very active owners. We are three independent teams trying to build our teams in our own team vision.

So I am ready and waiting for all the I told you so's and they were cheating but I myself and Im sure Boston and Baltimore will also tell you that every deal made was in good faith and what each team wanted. There have been way more denials of deals than deals made. I have been trying to get Satawtski from Baltimore for a while and while we have been close in the 30 or so offers we have never reached an agreement. Lets not forget that a few seasons I was real close to a playoff spot and instead decided to make a deal that made that young build stronger and ultimitaley along with a deal he made with STL pout Chicago over the top and handed him two championships. I enjoy building the minor league system, that and the draft are my favorite parts of this. I have cost many a player a cy young or mvp to rest them and bring up yiouth over the years.

So again I am ready for what ever any of you say and Im sure the scrutiny will intensify, but know that we are not, have not, and will not cheat. I love playing this game, this is my only vise, I dont drink, smoke, or gamble and enjoy this way more than fantasy sports. I wish everyone the best of luck the rest of the season and for seasons to come and again know that as soon as I realized this was a rule the disclosure came that day.

Thanks and Have a great weekend ,

Jason

I
Phillip75

Re: full disclosure

Post by Phillip75 »

I can certainly appreciate the disclosure. I do think knowing other owners personally gives you a trade advantage. Its easier to make trade offers and counter-offers if you know someone personally and they are more likely to accept the trade or send a counter-offer. To be honest for the longest time i thought you owned the Boston team based on all the trades going on. I will say there were several trades i wasn't a fan of but if the pieces exchanged were fair I certainly couldn't argue. I don't recall any specific trades so i can't give examples. I think the trades that really get to me are the ones such as Cincinnati who is a rebuilding team with contention nowhere in sight and decides to give up 2 first rounder #1 picks. As far as what he got it was a fair deal but it just makes zero sense for a rebuilding team to give up those picks for what he got in return since only one of those players was going to contribute in his rebuild with the other being 30 at the time I believe (other guy is now on my team). He obviously made that decision so that's not on you but decisions like that just weaken the competition in the league....and to boot he's left the league so those pieces he got dont matter anyhow. After 32 seasons in this league i'm likely leaving after next season so I dont think my opinion matters a whole lot.

Phil
walkindabases

Post by walkindabases »

Sad to see you go I know there have been trades people didnt agree with but they have always been dialogue back and forth for each side to get what they want. You've always been a fair trade partner and worked with me to make deals happen over the seasons so definitely sad to see you go but maybe you can finally get that championship before you leave. Best of luck
-Josh
Phillip75

Post by Phillip75 »

Thanks Josh. This has been a tough league for me for whatever reason. I've won championships in other leagues and came close here but never got over the hump. With this bullpen its not likely I'll win one this season but I guess stranger things have happened. I'm actually surprised I'm still in 2nd place. My starting pitching has been great but I think i have one guy in my bullpen with an ERA under 5 and ive got some decent pitchers in the bullpen. I think im paid up through next season so I'm here until then. Good luck the rest of the season. Looks like you're not too far out of that playoff spot.
Enocelot

Post by Enocelot »

Wipe the dust off your sandals, and join RHL.

I can't wait till ABE finally takes me off my team. I have asked him to open my team to other poor suckers already... but have gotten no respone.

This league is full of a bunch of control freaks who feel their subscription allows them to manage every trade in the league, and they challenge trades as a matter of course. They challenge on the basis of what THEY believe is sound strategy - arrogance personified.

Walk away from this crap, and join RHL or PWL. Zou'll be able to enjoy some simulated baeball without all of this other crap.

Return to “Kirby Puckett League”