Boston vs New York Rivalry Renewed

Discussions for the Del Baker League.
ZenixSaxzon

Boston vs New York Rivalry Renewed

Post by ZenixSaxzon »

After starting strong in 1st my team made a flurry of deals. I have 4 of the top rookies/MVPs & one may say the best pitching staff in the game. As they say... What looks good on paper doesn't always translate to wins. The most expensive team in the game went into a major slump and only managed to find a long-winning streak at the end of the year to tie with Boston for a one-game playoff slot.

In typical fashion it came down to the final at bat. Despite heroics from Larry Savage who hit a 2 run triple, Boston mashed home run after home run, including back to back jobbers, & finally a walk off in the bottom of the 9th.

The one move I couldn't make all year was to find a stud closer & it got me. Asking prices were too high. Alas... We shall continue to develop from our rich farm system & seek to improve the bullpen. Expect to see high & tight fastballs due to the disrespectful bat flip that occurred.

Of course... We would never intentionally throw at anyone ;)
SquidJordan

Re: Boston vs New York Rivalry Renewed

Post by SquidJordan »

Well done. Good show by boih of you guys.
Dude, I am telling you -- if you have an outstanding closer, it is an accident. Closers are fodder in this game, meant to create late-game drama. If you had a guy who mowed them down 1-2-3 game after game, that would get really boring. It is much better that he gives up four runs so that you can come back and win in the bottom of the ninth.

Return to “Del Baker League”