I got a star receiver for free.....

Discussions for the Kurt Warner Football League.
Neon17

I got a star receiver for free.....

Post by Neon17 »

This makes no sense.
I traded my A- running back, Warner Monnmouth-
http://football.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id=4445438
for an A- receiver, Roger Carr-
http://football.simdynasty.com/player.jsp?id=4445937
plus a few insignificant other players.
The trade occurred after the trade deadline, so both players were ineligible for the postseason until they spent a week on the waiver wire. The other team, who is not going to the postseason, waived Warner right away and didn't even put a claim on him. I did, and got him back, practically for free. It was a win-win-win. What makes no sense to me is why anyone would do what the other team did. Is there something fatally wrong with Warner (he hasn't had great numbers this year) that I haven't noticed? His skills look good.
Pittsburgh River Raiders - FHFL
6 Seasons
45-51
0x WC
3x DC
1x CC
1x SB

Total Sim Bowl Championships
Premium 7x
Single 10x
lancereisen

Re: I got a star receiver for free.....

Post by lancereisen »

Warner just hasn't broke 1 yet. Give him a nice 50-60 yd romp or 2 and that yd/carry avg will become more palatable.
dirtdevil

Post by dirtdevil »

actually, they waived all three guys thy got from you.
Neon17

Post by Neon17 »

Yeah, they did waive all three guys. Makes no sense whatsoever. As for a 50 yard romp, I know what you mean lancereisen. Last season the only two games my running back got over 100 yards was when he broke a few 40 or so yarders. The one thing about this sim that doesn't seem right is that there are too many huge running plays and not enough huge passing plays. When's the last time your QB chucked a 50 TD? I have only had one this year, and none last year, and we're a high-power passing offense. That is one of the few things I'd fix about this sim. 8-)
6 Seasons
45-51
0x WC
3x DC
1x CC
1x SB

Premium 7x
Single 10x
dirtdevil

Post by dirtdevil »

I have five receivers with at least one catch of 35+ yards and four with in for 40 or more.
Neon17

Post by Neon17 »

How many are touchdowns?
You would think guys would go off to the races more often, I guess that's my point. It happens with running backs but doesn't seem to happen on pass plays very often. Maybe I'm wrong, but I've seen a LOT of Sim D games, and I've seen a lot of plays where guys get past a few defenders and get 30 yards or so but can't get past all of them to go all the way. In the NFL however, sometimes guys catch and run 60 yards for a TD without being touched. Just sayin. :D
6 Seasons
45-51
0x WC
3x DC
1x CC
1x SB

Premium 7x
Single 10x

Return to “Kurt Warner Football League”