TRADE NOISE!!!

Discussions for the Clark Griffith League.
oneofthree

TRADE NOISE!!!

Post by oneofthree »

I really can't what the noise is about with trades I make when YOU DON"T offer or accept trade offers!
SquidJordan

Re: TRADE NOISE!!!

Post by SquidJordan »

It's a game. No one is trying to cheat anybody, we're just playing the game. This dude and I are in a few leagues together and trade in all of them, because we both like to trade and that's it. He wins some and I win some, but that isn't even the point. We're just playing the game. It was determined that the first trade we made for the pitcher was imbalanced The league voted and that's how the vote went. I said I would accept the result and I have. But now every trade is being protested, and how fair is that? In this one I traded, at his request, a B and a B+ for a B+. What the heck is wrong with that? Are we going to just ban trading? Are we going to protest every trade until no one can anymore? This isn't even about the pitcher, by the way.
This game is about being a GM. If you are in this league I have probably sent you a trade request at some point, because that is what I do. Believe me, I wasn't trying to rob anybody. My goodness. If you don't like the proposal, hit decline, but I'm not doing anything wrong by sending it. If you don't like to trade, I don't bother you. I try to be a good neighbor, so to speak. If I make a trade with someone you genuinely perceive as unfair, protest the thing and I won't say a bad word about it. But if you're just going to protest every trade out of spite or something, who is damaging the league, you or me? Who is acting with integrity?
Speaking of integrity, a lot of you know me at least a little bit. Look through your history and ask yourself if I have been fair with you in my dealings. I am suddenly going to decide to go rogue and cheat people? Come on now. But there are people who do not know me but see every trade I make being protested now. That's fair to me? And this particular protest doesn't show up on the message board, so I can't even properly defend myself. That is pretty poor.
You know what else? We had four very good teams in the playoffs. They did a great job and my buddy with Boston won his first World Series. Congratulations to him and the other three guys too.

Return to “Clark Griffith League”