Hope JETT did not forget ??

Discussions for the Mordecai Brown League.

Moderator: Brutalkid

STEROIDS_R_US

Hope JETT did not forget ??

Post by STEROIDS_R_US »

I used an EDIT last off season to be applied to Joe Bogart 24 to add 30 improvement chances to him for this off season which is only 40 minutes away and his improvements have not changed. His improvement conversion rate will drop after this off season so I will not be able to do it at any other time. thanks
STEROIDS_R_US

Re: Hope JETT did not forget ??

Post by STEROIDS_R_US »

So despite assurances from Jett that my EDIT for Bogart (add 30 improvement chances) would be applied before the off season it wasn't. The reason why I am pissed off is because it cant be fixed. The player has aged another year dropping his conversion rate for improvements. It is not like swapping or blending which can be done at any time.
The Edit I used last season for this off season on Bogart since it was not applied should turn into a "wild card" edit and if it was already taken out of my bank needs to be put back in to the bank. Also because it was one I had tried to use for last season I should be able to add it to the Edits I would use this season for an extra turn. Normally a team gets 1 Edit for the season, can use 3 banked Edits and I should also be able to use another Edit because the one from last season I used was never applied for a total of 5 Edits.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yes, I did forget. My wife and I are both working (at work) full time and our kids are at home doing elearning which has created quite the chaotic situation. The elearning started this week and for the older one it's relatively easy, but for the younger one it's a bit of a mess and I am constantly dealing with different websites, printing issues, scanning issues, etc. Neither my wife nor older child are good with computers so I have been swamped. Normally I check through messages before the end of the season, but I completely forgot this time and I apologize.

Now... as for what we can do. Firstly, I'm not sure where you received your information but OS age 25 for a pitcher actually has the greatest chance of succeeding on improvements. Although 24 is close to the same. Hitters are 23 and 24, pitchers are 24 and 25. So your best bet is to have that done this season.

Another option is I can try and calculate the algorithm manually and come up with improvements for him, but I couldn't guarantee the accuracy.

We could also look at other similar players and see what improvements they have gotten and increase Bogart similarly by taking their improvements and averaging them and then multiplying as if they had received 80 improvements. So if we just used Bogart and extrapolate his improvements out to 80 then he would have gotten 6.4 endurance improves and 3.2 velocity improvements total. But obviously he got screwed and should have gotten some control improves. We'd definitely want to take a sample of several players.

Finally, I think the other option is indeed to give you back a WC edit. I don't have a problem with this. Personally, I think you should have Bogart done this season since statistically it gives him the greatest chance of improvement, but whatever you want is fine.

Thanks,
-Jet
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
STEROIDS_R_US

Post by STEROIDS_R_US »

That sounds fine (using it for the next off season at age 25) although since starting Sim D I have always been told and seen from previous improves that the pitchers best improve conversion years are 24, 25, 26 and batters are 22, 23, 24. Yes I believe Bogart got screwed as he only got a 12% conversion rate, normally I believe a 24 yr old would convert at 20% i.e. 10 / 50 improves so if he had 80 improves he probably would get 15 to 20 converted improves minimum. So yes use the plus 30 on Bogart for next off season. This way I will just use my regular EDIT and 3 banked ones for this season. Thank you.
Brutalkid

Post by Brutalkid »

You got it, I'll set it up.

Return to “Mordecai Brown League”