again

Discussions for the Mordecai Brown League.

Moderator: Brutalkid

carlthegreat

again

Post by carlthegreat »

Again..I think the NL is much stronger then the AL this year
Seattle is along right now....Minnesota that is in second place right now ...would be in last place in the NL(maybe in 7)..well
this is just my opinion....and nothing agains you Napper
matthewlee3

Re: again

Post by matthewlee3 »

Regardless of whether it's true, all discussing this ever does is stir up conflict, so why bring it up? It obviously didn't go well the first time

Any AL teams looking to shake up the status quo, hit me up
carlthegreat

Post by carlthegreat »

just for talking...and why not.....
carlthegreat

Post by carlthegreat »

and interesting fact...

In all time ever in sim dynasty..

there is 6 owners of our league in the top 70 for
the most win WS
Jet

Post by Jet »

Last time the issue was more about there being more inactive owners in the AL versus the NL, so it was a very different debate. Now it seems you are saying that there are more highly skilled NL owners than AL owners. I think that sometimes things run in different cycles and different strategies can cause things to look more skewed. In the last 13 seasons each league has put five different teams into the playoffs so I would say there is enough balanced rotation of top players.

In the AL I think most of the owners strategies involve longer rebuild times and because of that there are longer times at the top and longer times at the bottom, and also not as many teams fighting for playoff spots at the same time. The NL also tends to get more of the top picks I think, partly because of facing a greater number of strong teams, which creates something of a continuous cycle. You yourself went from 1st place to last place in one season which honestly is pretty hard to do, and then rebuilt in only 8 or 9 seasons. I usually need 10 to 15 seasons to rebuild, but generally I will come out with the best or one of the best teams in the league for several seasons because of it.

Also, without in depth comparison and just a quick look, in a seven game series as currently constructed I would bet on Minnesota over at least half the teams in the NL. Not the top three and I would say LA is probably the 4th best in the NL and that series might be close. To say one league has the #1 and #5 team and the other league has the #2, #3, and #4 team is not really an issue I don't think. But sometimes management preferences and other things will impact standings. I purposefully tweak my settings to maximize improvements when rebuilding, regardless of wins or losses.

-Jet
carlthegreat

Post by carlthegreat »

I appreciate that analyse from you jet....and with that message from me ...I was looking
and expecting I reply from you...a
master in this game....

Return to “Mordecai Brown League”