Change to numbers?

Discussions for the Mordecai Brown League.

Moderator: Brutalkid

Brutalkid

Change to numbers?

Post by Brutalkid »

It looks like I can't start a poll. So we'll just have to voice our responses by making posts.

In this post I want owners opinions on changing to see the actual numbers for player values(1-100) vs. keeping the player values in letter grades.

Thanks, BK
BabyDoc

Re: Change to numbers?

Post by BabyDoc »

I am for the change. I think having the exact number ratings would be better.
KillerG

Post by KillerG »

I'm good with switching to numbers.
XSwabbie

Post by XSwabbie »

Agreed. The only reason we didn't before was because the BVL showed numbers. When I asked about it, I was told they wanted some differences between the 2 edit leagues.
Thanks,
Allen, aka xswabbie
poppa2

Post by poppa2 »

I would like to stay with the Letter grades since this is closer to reality which is one of the best points of Sim Dynasty.

poppa.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

It's a lot harder for me to do edits when I don't have a team in an edit league. I realize I am barely active, but being able to login to the league and see things like league date and click on players on teams makes it a lot easier to perform edits. The issue is that if I am in the league and doing edits, then I see all the players number values in every category when I am editing. I do go through streaks of activeness and this would be an advantage effective to cheating for me.

It would make completing the edits faster and easier if I am in the league, but I am not going to join the league if there is any chance I will be accused of cheating later.

Thanks,
-Jet
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I want to try and re-ignite this discussion. It would make it much easier for me to do edits if I was in the league. Some of the edits are ran as formulas or codes, such as Team Training, where it's a mass change and I do not see the number changes applied to be able to confirm that it has actually happened.

As an ex-officio Admin who has full access to change almost anything to any team, I want to make sure there is complete transparency to any team I might be playing. Because I am the one manually doing the edits, I see all the players numbers and if no one else in the league does then this gives me an unfair advantage. So there is no way I am willing to join a league unless all the owners can see all player numbers.

Being in the league will help make sure edits get applied sooner as well. Besides me being able to keep up with league dates, I will be able to connect with forums from the gameside and see changes applied easier. Admittedly though, I am often not the most active owner and I will go through stretches where I am building a contender and other stretches when I miss drafts for several seasons. I have been here as an Admin for about 15 years since shortly after Tyson created the game, so I have a lot of knowledge about how the game and formulas actually work, so when I am active I typically am rather successful which might be considered an unfair advantage.

Although I haven't played in a couple of years, several people in the league have been in leagues with me before and I am sure can vouch for my credibility. Please speak up if you have any concerns about changing this to a Numbers league and an Admin joining by taking over a team.

Thanks,
-Jet
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
Brutalkid

Post by Brutalkid »

I feel a need to chime in before anyone else does. I have been in the same league as Jet in the BVL. He wins the title about once in 20 seasons.

I would say he is "sometimes active" which would make him less active than some but more active than others.

But on the note of applying edits. This is the only edit league on Sim D. and there's a reason for that. Applying edits is extra work.

So, in my opinion, if having Jet in the league and changing the grades from letters to numbers makes it easier on Jet to apply the edits, I'm all for it.

Thanks for your responses, BK
BabyDoc

Post by BabyDoc »

I think that’s plenty enough reason to switch to showing the numbers.
In the other (now defunct) edit league, the BVL, we saw numbers, and the only difference it made to me was that I felt more sure of the wisdom of my edit choices.
Napper

Post by Napper »

I am all for changing to numbers as well.

Return to “Mordecai Brown League”