Deliting edit choices from list.

Discussions for the Mordecai Brown League.

Moderator: Brutalkid

Brutalkid

Deliting edit choices from list.

Post by Brutalkid »

I came up with 6 that have the possibility of being deleted. Here is my list with some comments on each.

3. Max cp increase from 5 to 8 - This edit does not apply to us as we don't use cp's with our training.
4. Bonus off season Improvements(+30 ic's). - This edit is very weak as it usually nets less that 10 points to a hitter.
8. 25 year off season. - This edit is also very weak as it will only substantially help an older weak player.
9. Unretire a player. - It's OK for bringing back your favorite player, for 2 seasons, but doesn't seem to get used.
13. Injury time reduction - This one gets very little interest, and it's way too hard to get Jet to respond fast enough.
16. 18 year minors. - Sounds good but considering that better players improve slower. The difference between a 24yr B+ in the majors and an 18yr B+ in the minors is once again very little.

PLEASE look these over and make comments. I'd really like to get a lot of opinions.

Thanks, BK
BabyDoc

Re: Deliting edit choices from list.

Post by BabyDoc »

I wouldn't delete "unretired a player". I realize it is seldom used, but there could be a time when a player is chasing a historical moment (500th HR etc.) where it would come into play. I did this once in the BVL.
KillerG

Post by KillerG »

Does not matter to me ...
lifted

Post by lifted »

1. Complete Position Conversion & Skill Boost
Choose any 2 players to make a complete position conversion and gain +5/+5 to Arm/Range. Changing a pitcher to a hitter and vice-versa which will also result in a +3 to each of the 5 hitting categories or 3 pitching categories. If you want, you can gain a defensive boost of +10/+10 to Arm/Range to a player that does not switch positions.

This one is kind of confusing. Why isn't " If you want, you can gain a defensive boost of +10/+10 to Arm/Range to a player that does not switch positions." it's own separate edit?
Brutalkid

Post by Brutalkid »

Well noted lifted. I have the same thoughts on separating Swap from Blend as separate edits as well.

I'll address these 2 options after we work on the deleting though.
XSwabbie

Post by XSwabbie »

I agree with Baby Doc about the unretired, but otherwise, I agree. I also agree with lifted's suggestion.
Thanks,
Allen, aka xswabbie
poppa2

Post by poppa2 »

Agree with babydoc and lifted. I have no problem with the proposed delete of edits.

poppa

Return to “Mordecai Brown League”