Results from post: Deleting edit choices from list.

Discussions for the Mordecai Brown League.

Moderator: Brutalkid

Brutalkid

Results from post: Deleting edit choices from list.

Post by Brutalkid »

Based on the comments from owners in the league we will:

Keep the following edit:
9. Unretire a player. - It's OK for bringing back your favorite player, for 2 seasons, but doesn't seem to get used.

Remove the following edits:
3. Max cp increase from 5 to 8 - This edit does not apply to us as we don't use cp's with our training.
4. Bonus off season Improvements(+30 ic's). - This edit is very weak as it usually nets less that 10 points to a hitter.
8. 25 year off season. - This edit is also very weak as it will only substantially help an older weak player.
13. Injury time reduction - This one gets very little interest, and it's way too hard to get Jet to respond fast enough.
16. 18 year minors. - Sounds good but considering that better players improve slower. The difference between a 24yr B+ in the majors and an 18yr B+ in the minors is once again very little.

Cliff note: I will keep the verbiage for max cp's in case the league ever changes back to a cp oriented minor league set up.
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Results from post: Deleting edit choices from list.

Post by Admin »

For the most part I would ask why delete options? It doesn't hurt to have them on the list, and a few of these have been used regularly enough.

#3 Max CP - Agreed, this didn't even function correctly in the BVL once a change came out to improvement calculations several years ago. My hope was always to find a workaround for this but we might as well remove it. Really no point in even keeping the verbiage since the game code no longer allows it to be possible.

#13 Injury time reduction - I don't think this have ever actually been used. If it has maybe it was only once? If I get a text to do one edit I can get on sometime that day. It's the blocking off of the one to two hours I need to do the complete list which is more difficult. But since no one used this even since day 1 we might as well remove it.

#8 25 year offseason - This edit is in place in case you have to many young players and not enough CPs to put on all of them. It was used all the time in the BVL, but if this league doesn't have a CP number placing system for the minors then there is no point in keeping it. This is something where the verbiage or option should stay in case we ever switch to a CP system.

The others are viable options and I would prefer to just leave them. The bonus OS Improves I think is huge for players at key improvement years (23, 24) and adds 50% more improvement chances, more for pitches sometimes. The 18yo minor I have only seen used a few times, but if you are trying to win and don't want to put a B or B+ prospect in your everyday lineup it's a viable solution. No reason that I can see in not keeping it as an option. The unretire was used quite a bit early in leagues when people wanted their players to set all time records. A few more years of playing to break a record was something cool. I used a few times when I needed another viable pitcher for a championship run, once it was like 10 years after he retired. Again, I think this is a "why not keep it?" category.

-Jet
To help us serve you better, please use the support system for all questions or problems. PMs should NEVER be used. The Support system is always read before PMs.
Brutalkid

Re: Results from post: Deleting edit choices from list.

Post by Brutalkid »

I have modified based on Jets response.

Keep the following edits:
4. Bonus off season Improvements(+30 ic's). - This edit is very weak as it usually nets less that 10 points to a hitter.
9. Unretire a player. - It's OK for bringing back your favorite player, for 2 seasons, but doesn't seem to get used.
16. 18 year minors. - Sounds good but considering that better players improve slower. The difference between a 24yr B+ in the majors and an 18yr B+ in the minors is once again very little. A good argument in favor was given about using this for minor league training when you have no room for the player on the major league roster.

Remove the following edits:
3. Max cp increase from 5 to 8 - This edit does not apply to us as we don't use cp's with our training.(Kept verbage for possible future use)
8. 25 year off season. - This edit is also very weak as it will only substantially help an older weak player.(Kept verbage for possible future use)
13. Injury time reduction - This one gets very little interest, and it's way too hard to get Jet to respond fast enough.

Personally I don't see 4. Bonus off season Improvements(+30 ic's) ever being used as the gains are weak and there's no control over what gets improved. This edit is also difficult on Jet as he has to come back and add the ic's right before the O.S. I still strongly recommend it's removal.

Return to “Mordecai Brown League”